Hendo8888
Two years ago

NBL.com.au Stats page doesn't have Rebounds

I know the website sucks, but it's a new low for the league's official stats page to not even include rebounds. Not on desktop or mobile.
The app has it, the website doesn't.

Topic #50594 | Report this topic

Watto  
Two years ago

The Perth wildcats requested it be removed so they wouldn't look so bad

Reply #904117 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Has that website changed or improved in 15 years?

Reply #904132 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I know it really sucks, they don't even have past boxscores or past logos of the defunct teams when you can get their logos from Wikipedia or if they even could get them from their old site?

Reply #904133 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

*Or from their website.

Reply #904134 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Use the app, it's so much better than the website these days to be totally honest.

The website version you can’t swipe the news slider like you can on the app, it has the rebounds stats and a better live stats page.

Only thing that worse is the graphical representation of the ladder

Reply #904135 | Report this post

Andrew  
Two years ago

LOL

Reply #904136 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Has that website changed or improved in 15 years?

It does change but never improves.

Reply #904143 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

The worst thing about the website is when you're reading an article and you click on another, and the original article comes back up. You've gotta scroll down to read the one you want.

Reply #904152 | Report this post

Statman84  
Two years ago

I just copy and paste all the boxscores into my own spreadsheet and get all the stats myself.

I use my own database instead of the website.

Reply #904219 | Report this post

WC95  
Two years ago

Terrible, slow loading website especially getting to the latest game played which should be quick and easy. Looks unnecessarily cluttered and heavy.

Reply #904251 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

Getting to a box score via the site on mobile is a miserable experience. You cop that lame situation where it's trying to work out which frame you want to scroll. Drives me nuts.

Reply #904256 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Plus why does the nbl have so many boxscores with no stats from 1979 to 2016?

When you click on each individual game they have a boxscore but it's empty with no stats just the team names with the stadium added.

NBL still have some classic games but they need to add each individual match video to the actually game. No wonder the history in the NBL and WNBL is so poor in Australia.

Reply #904259 | Report this post

Statman84  
Two years ago

@NBLTigers

I've scrolled through those boxscores for years and it is disappointing.

I'm still hoping the rest will be populated in the future. The other website with all the boxscores are not 100% correct and there are 1 or 2 that are completely blank. Team rebounds, TO and fouls aren't in those old ones too.

Reply #904261 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

If Spatial Jam by Andrew Price added box scores it would be an even more amazing resource.

I recall that Isaac used to run an NBL stats site (and fantasy) in addition to this one.

Reply #904277 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

My preference has always been for quick access to box scores. Been years now, but I used to have box score displays which highlighted the remarkable stats (e.g., 10+ boards, 20+ points, notable steals, etc). Anything that makes stats access slow drives me nuts, and the NBL is pretty good at that! I've always liked ESPN's setup, in comparison, though even then it presents a Gamecast/whatever first rather than boxscore.

My guess with the current NBL site is that they're hamstrung by whoever is providing the boxscore framework (whatever FIBA use?) and that's why they're showing a frame within a frame, and the actual boxscore itself is embedded down page. Realistically though, you can write a parser to scrape boxscores and display them in a better format, even on the fly or periodically in case data updates - if someone hapless like me can do it with regex, any programmer could do it.

Reply #904330 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

They do have live scores on the app though which doesn't have the terrible frame in frame design of the website

Reply #904335 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I just hope the NBL add the past boxscores of the older games. They have so much work to do, plus their ladders are incorrect from 1979 to 2009, it drives me nuts, even the logos!

I had to fix all the standings on Wikipedia which took some time but I used the sports table ladder to correct the points for and against. All the ladders on Wikipedia are now 100% right, not like the past when the league use to add playoff games to the ladder.

Reply #904386 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

My preference has always been for quick access to box scores.

RIP the old Yahoo! NBA box score website.

Thankfully it wasn't removed from Yahoo! India for many years afterwards until it's inevitable revamp.

Those who know, know.

In regards to FIBA there is something seriously wrong with their website. For example https://www.fiba.basketball/rankingmen randomly freezes on mobile.

Reply #904405 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:04 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754