Yup
Two years ago

United Vs SEM

SEM would be disappointed with their last performance in Perth, but I just feel like they have many "low IQ"players, there's definitely talent but it just doesn’t seem to flow, somehow Broekoff only took 2 shots.

United has been up against it all year when it comes to personnel but a lot of positives to come out of the last game altho a loss and I’m guessing the new import will play, not sure on Ili.

This is the type of game Vickerman can strategise and manufacture a win against a more talented but flawed opponent

United by 5

Topic #50616 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

SEM got front up today or changes need to be made. You can't have so much talent with out results.
United just don’t fill me with confidence at present, new 5 might make a difference and Vickerman certainly has the wood on his former assistant.
Just feel that SEM might get this by two.

Reply #904671 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

Without going into whether Mitchell is a competent coach or not, this season I feel that again he's not the RIGHT coach for this team.

I don’t know who would be better, but after that first season I’ve rarely felt that he gets the best out of his players over the season.

Creek, Adnam, Te Rangi have got the most minutes but have still gone backwards. Pineau, Broekhoff, Qi, Smith-Milner haven’t got any better after two seasons.

They’re just so frustrating to watch.

Reply #904673 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

An NBL cannot go for more than 30 seconds without a foul being called.
LOL

Reply #904674 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Alan Williams got make those layups, dunks, Creek got defend better. SEM can win this if they stick to their main guys.
Goulding mojo has lost its shine a bit, Humphries is playing very well under Vickerman, not out this but SEM been better so far.

Reply #904675 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two years ago

No bench points to United and only 5 to Phoenix. Not much in a half of basketball.

Reply #904676 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

United are lucky it's not a blowout thus far. SEM have blown some golden opportunities

Reply #904677 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Another woeful decision by the video ref, why have them.

Reply #904678 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Game over

Reply #904680 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Pineau is better player than a third man big. He is a quality back up big. His work on D and the boards is great, he ain't scoring you many but it’s all the other stuff he does.

SEM been excellent today, started by there import guards. Creek doesn’t need the ball in every play and the team functions much better.

Reply #904682 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Good response from SEM

Reply #904684 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

United looking a bit like Perth last season, locals getting older or not quite the quality required and unusual for them, their imports look wrong as well.

SEM can be a team that could challenge, Mitchell got learn to put foot on throat and don't start last quarter with bench players. Get the job done and then play your last few players, stick to 8-9 max till job is done. Creek will get points, he just make sure his team mates are involved, those two guards are great.

Reply #904687 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Melbourne need Ili playing at a high level the same way Perth need Norton playing at his best. Neither team generates enough spark from elsewhere.

Reply #904693 | Report this post

Glen  
Two years ago

Did anyone get a tally on the number of steps in the uncalled travel by Te Rangi? Would have pushed 7 I think.

Reply #904710 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

How Good is Gary Browne. Pass first PG. Ball on a string.

But United not playoff material without Ili. Not enough talent and depth this year to miss a key player and still beat good teams consistently. Ili brings balance to the offense, plus elite D and hustle.

Reply #904721 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:09 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754