Dunkman
Two years ago

Hawks v United, Monday night again for hawks.

While I love Monday night games, I'm not certain the hawks do. In what is largely a family area of suburbs, it’s hard for larger crowds to get to the WEC.

Now on the game, what looks like a dud game turned into a great contest last time with double OT.
Who will win, well on budgets alone it should be United, on talent it should be United, both side are really not that good, if Illi plays United should do this comfortably but the is very topsy turvey comp, really got no idea, will back United on that Vickerman is a better coach.

United by 12.

Topic #50657 | Report this topic

Ben  
Two years ago

NBL trying to hasten the Hawks exit from the league with another Monday night game :P

Expecting little from this game, but will watch because there's nothing better on. Bubbles to have 20, United by 8.

Reply #905831 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

United better team but refs will keep Hawkes in the game maybe even help them get over the line

Reply #905832 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Hawks by 6@1/4 time, Froling on fire. Creek on commentary is horrendous. Goulding one more three for a 1000. Good game from two average teams.

Reply #905833 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Goulding gets his 1000 3 on Deng Deng.

Reply #905834 | Report this post

DR  
Two years ago

That push on bubbles coaches challenge embarrassing for the refs and nbl in general horrendous how could you actually call that ?

Reply #905835 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Hickeys a rotational NBL player from what I've seen. Athletic, good D and solid on offense.

Reply #905836 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yes it was embarrassing, Tucker not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Reply #905837 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

If United lose this someone will have to do a wellness check on LV poor guy seems to have disappeared lately as their losses have started mounting up.

Reply #905839 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

The several hundred in attendance go wild as the Hawks enter the main break with a surprising eight point lead.

Reply #905840 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Hawks by 8 at halftime, only used 7 players which helps as the back of their bench is woeful. Hickey looking good, Froling having a good night. Hawks imports also doing well.
United need a point guard,, XRM just not that sort player, Lee doing ok, Tucker just not smart enough, Goulding is there only hope.

Reply #905841 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

What a punk play stopping in some ones progress up the court for a charge. sad think we seeing more of this and the refs are now empowering others to do the same. In days gone by I would have made sure he didn't get up

Reply #905843 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

These NBL games in Wollongong on the first working day of the week are the polar opposite to the NFL's Monday Night Football and the pomp, pageantry and prestige which surrounds it.

Reply #905845 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

NRL gave Monday nights a good crack. Ending up pulling it because they were subsiding host teams too much for the revenue they were losing if they were to host games on a traditional Fri-Sun.

Reply #905846 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Hawks by 12 @3/4 time. Commentary telling me Tucker United best player, I don't see it, he’s a street baller, don’t get away with that anymore in the nbl. Froling 29 points, Siva 4 fouls could cause trouble.

Reply #905848 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Jackomas has tightened up his rotations this game and getting much better cohesion. With Froling stepping up Hawkes making my statement about United having the better team kaka

Reply #905849 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Siva out, 8-45 to go. Froling on 4 fouls, fat lady not singing yet.

Reply #905851 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

That charging call on Tucker should have also resulted in a flop tech - the defender gets hit on his left side and then turns after the contact into where the hit came from rather than being turned by the hit and falls theatrically. Definite over-acting.

Reply #905853 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

United stink to high hell tonight. I only started watching form the half, but they have never been close.

Reply #905854 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Froling gone with 4 minutes to go.

Reply #905856 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

United so much iso ball, Goulding hardly gets a shot. As said previously, shut the f... up creek. Best league in world outside nba, Spain plus a few more would be lol.

Reply #905858 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Iso ball, absolutely right. United absolutely dead with Ili out and nobody marshalling the troops.

Reply #905859 | Report this post

DR  
Two years ago

Why tucker talk smack to hawks bench when they are losing not smart

Reply #905860 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

United need clean out, keep Goulding, Illi and probably no one else.

Reply #905861 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Hoopie once a foul is called you can't have a flop warning nor a flop technical

Reply #905862 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

Cheers. So how could the refs penalise an obvious flop? Ignore Tucker's contact in this case? Or should they have a quiet word in the coach’s ear?

Kind of makes it difficult to enforce their determination to weed out flops, then

Reply #905863 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Really enjoyable game. Good to see the Hawks get a win and their fans revel in it. Seems they might have got good fits in Siva and Frazier.

Liked Creek's insights into the game, thought XRM was really good the other day too, and Gibson likewise. Good to hear a player's perspective in the studio.

Reply #905867 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Creek always talking about who he knows and his mates up. I just want the game called.

Reply #905869 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

It's the insights into what sort of sets etc teams run, when they run them that I enjoy most from Creek, XRM etc. The same reason I enjoy Santamaria.

That sort of commentary isn't for everyone, but I love learning from those who really know what's going on.

Reply #905871 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Creek & Gibbo are housemates they're both bogan nuffies. I wouldn't ask Creek for his opinion on the weather.

Reply #905879 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Hickey is athletic and gives 100% effort on D - shaky down the other end at times, but there's something there and the Hawks have figured it out. I was impressed in the Kings game when he got extended mins.

Reply #905883 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Agree on Hickey, been great, hopefully he can keep getting better.

Reply #905890 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Hickey was great, got no idea why United didn't keep him and just get more rookies who haven’t played nbl before.

Credit to the Hawks, they desperately needed a win for their fans. WEC is still one of the best stadiums to watch basketball. The 3 ball seems to always go in there. Wish they had Wollongong’s basketball rims in every nbl stadium across Australia.

Reply #905899 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Very reasonable crowd last night for a Monday night, near Christmas and parents willing to let children stay up later, school near finished. Hawks might not be dead yet.

Reply #905901 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Illawarra should of beaten Sydney a couple of weeks ago but Tim missing those's free-throws then Bruce’s supposedly 3pt shoot which looked like it was on the line.

Reply #905904 | Report this post

artpepper  
Two years ago

You can make fun of Creek all you want but the reality is the man has played in the NBA. Coming from the ass end of Victoria as a white player he would have been given zero chances to make it to the big league and had to get there all on his own volition. Personally I think he would be better suited for NBA with his style, can legit guard all 5 positions.

Reply #905905 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Embid on Creek, I'm looking forward to that.

Reply #905909 | Report this post

artpepper  
Two years ago

Mitch locks that boy up!

Reply #905911 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Exactly what thought mr creek.

Reply #905912 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

[f United lose this someone will have to do a wellness check on LV poor guy seems to have disappeared lately as their losses have started mounting up.]

Christmas time, Victorian election, had lots going on- in October I was watching 3 or 4 games a week, lucky if I squeeze in 1 a week at the moment

Results unsurprising- I've said all season without Ili we're not a contender and unlikely to make playoffs. Without Humphries and Ili (and Hukporti) I would've tipped 2 losses this past weekend. Time to start thinking about next season

Good to see Tucker putting up good numbers lately though. It's a common thing with imports under Vickerman- Kennedy, Hopson, Trimble, Prather all struggled early before eventually finding their groove

Reply #905929 | Report this post

Three to Make Two  
Two years ago

"Illawarra should of beaten Sydney a couple of weeks ago but Tim missing those's free-throws then Bruce's supposedly 3pt shoot which looked like it was on the line."

Yes, it would've helped if Tim had made his FTs but that didn't lose the game. It was just letting Bruce waltz in for a quick layup to get it to a 2 point margin when you even had a foul to give. Stop him, make it a sideball and fix up your D and you win.

And Davo is showing some talent. He played with good composure and a couple of his finishes were "elite" (to paraphrase the commentators!)

BTW, did you all see Jacob's little homage to Goulding? Tim, Dent, Mudronja and Gak all getting 43 seconds.

Reply #905930 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Jacob's pay respect to both Goulding and LK, nothing wrong with that, they both earned it.

Reply #905931 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

United needs a Brock Motum like signing and some health to be relevant

Reply #905932 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:35 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754