Isaac
Last year

Joe Ingles' integration with the Bucks

Joe Ingles has been back for 18 games now with his new team and doesn't seem to be on the outer even at 35 years of age. And with a contender too, getting 24ish MPG.

Started cold, going 1/11 3P in his first few games, but 43% 3P across January bodes well.

There were headlines this week about the Bucks trying to get Crowder from the Suns. Would he provide a bit of competition for Ingles' minutes, or more likely a threat to someone else? Ibaka being shipped out at some point, and Portis is out for a couple of weeks too.

Topic #50858 | Report this topic

Cake  
Last year

I think Zach Lowe commented on Ingles' seamless fit a couple of weeks ago, just saying he looked like exactly the player they needed (and predicting the return of his shot-making). The Bucks are a great situation for him as he's a huge boost to their passing and decision-making, but they have rock solid individual and team defence to make his life easier at the other end. I think it will be interesting to see how his role and minutes hold up come playoff basketball, when opposing offences are more likely to hunt him.

Crowder would be looking toward the playoffs and assuming that the road to the finals goes through Boston, I think. Giannis can obviously guard anyone, and will be their primary matchup on Taytum, but who draws Brown? Portis, Middleton? So a guy who's just gone down injured and another who's missed most of the season. Crowder gives them an extra body to protect those two guys the rest of the way and to help guard the big wings that Holiday, Allen, Connaughton and Ingles can't handle.

Reply #910820 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754