Statman84
Last year

Free Agents list - Matt Logue

Any chance someone has access to this article and can do a copy and paste?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/basketball/nbl-contract-and-movement-news-which-players-are-coming-and-going-from-your-club/news-story/5217480b69b8361188fe2abb3f55f2f6

Topic #50911 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Last year

The article doesn't contain a list of free agents.

Reply #912057 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

Its a story exclusively on SEM and whether Mitchell will be re-signed and mentions Williams 2 year extension

Reply #912058 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

KEY OFF-CONTRACT NBL STARS
Adelaide 36ers
Daniel Johnson Ian Clark Anthony Drmic (mutual option) Kai Sotto (team option) — will not return

Brisbane Bullets
Harry Froling Jason Cadee Tyler Johnson DJ Mitchell (team option) Tanner Krebs

Illawarra Hawks
Mangok Mathiang Deng Deng Peyton Siva William Hickey

Cairns Taipans
Shannon Scott DJ Hogg Keanu Pinder Bul Kuol United: Rayjon Tucker Mason Peatling Brad Newley David Barlow Xavier Rathan-Mayes Isaac Humphries Lachlan Barker

NZ Breakers
William McDowell-White Jarrell Brantley Barry Brown Dererk Pardon

Perth Wildcats
Luke Travers Brady Manek Jesse Wagstaff

SEM Phoenix
Dane Pineau Kyle Adnam Ryan Broekhoff Gary Browne Trey Kell Owen Foxwell

Sydney Kings
Tim Soares Derrick Walton Jr Justin Simon Kouat Noi (team option) Angus Glover

Tassie JackJumpers
Milton Doyle Josh Magette Rashard Kelly Jarrad Weeks Clint Steindl

Reply #912059 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Clint Steindl is incorrect he signed a 2 year extension with the JJ's earlier in the season.

https://nbl.com.au/news/jackjumpers-captain-clint-inks-extended-stint

There are players missing from that list but I can't be bothered.

Reply #912060 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

Outside of the imports what locals would you go for on that list? Many are highly injury prone and not solid signings

Pinder and WMW are the big free agents and the only ones capable of changing a team prospects.

Bul Koul may have limited the interest in himself with his off court choices this season

Luke Travers may need a new environment to get back on track

Hickey, Foxwell and Barker could be worth a punt on a rebuilding roster

Cadee for a veteran PG off the bench perhaps.

Reply #912061 | Report this post

Ballman  
Last year

I wonder if Blanchfield will be back on the market as well. Cant see him staying for two years with "DNP" as a regular occurrence.

Reply #912064 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Brandt
Kay
Moller
Naar
Kauny
Delaney

Off the top of my head in Europe/Japan though I think Moller missed season due to injury and Brandt is injured at present.

Reply #912065 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

How did Pinder go from 36ers fans desperate to see him gone, to one of the more in-demand locals? Coaches at the time seemed to favour him, so they must've seen something that he had brewing.

Reply #912067 | Report this post

Ballman  
Last year

Brandt has to be nearing the end of his overseas career. At 33 I cant see him playing too many years overseas.

Reply #912068 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Hunter from kings could look for an out, clearly underused at kings. If taipans lose Pinder, Hunter and Waardenburg front court. Hunter was very good under Forde.

Reply #912069 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Blanchfield probably got a very healthy pay packet at Perth, will be hard to unload.

Reply #912070 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Brandt is exactly what Perth needs.

Reply #912071 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

@isaac because he went from a scrub to MVP conversation. Forde got his mind right which wasn't able to be done in Adelaide

Reply #912072 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Last year

DJ Hogg is the right sort to team with Tashawn and Manek (if they stay) and Bryce is naturalised.

Blanchfield has got to go for low shooting percentages, I think poor Majok will not be around for being not athletic enough.

Wagstaff will retire.

Reply #912077 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

Just use Webpage archive, it works for me all the time.

The London Lions do my head in. In their knockout BBL Trophy quarterfinal they played their bench since most of their main players were out injured but they gave less minutes to their non-injured veterans. While on the veterans impacted the game heaps more than the younger guys did with 30 plus minutes.

Now today in their BBL Championship game they won by 21pts on the road. They learnt to play their veterans more so no wonder they won that game easy. Annoying they're out in the Trophy when if they made the semis they would have gone the whole way. A bloody team from the England NBL beat the Plymouth City Patriots. It’s like one of our best NBL1 teams beating the low ranked Illawarra Hawks team in a domestic competition.

Lions are 18-2 now so they will win the BBL Championship easy in 36 games, they should also win the Playoffs I’m hoping.

Reply #912078 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

What?

Reply #912079 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Last year

"Bul Koul may have limited the interest in himself with his off court choices this season"

Q Anon, what choices are you referring to here?

Reply #912080 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I was wandering about that as well re Kuol, I have no idea but could it be the reason taipans didn't wear the special jersey a few weeks back. Again I have no actual idea, just a guess.

Reply #912081 | Report this post

retired  
Last year

On the listings you need to list the Melbourne players under Melbourne United and not Cairns.

Reply #912082 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

@wilson sting he certainly has endeared himself to other players on other teams. There were a couple of vocal Cairns players and he isn't good enough to over look that attitude.

Reply #912090 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Perth should be looking to get younger and more athletic off the bench. Glover from Sydney would be someone they look at. Bul koi or Foxwell are other guys they should look for defensive grunt.

Pineau would help their rebounding woes and could replace Wagstaff in the rotation.

Reply #912099 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Krislovic might get a pay rise, was very average in Cairns but very good back up at JJs, could be the coaching. Sometimes players play very well under certain coaches.

Reply #912297 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Salary cap up to 1.82 million for 23/24. Extra $119,000 per team to spend.

I'd say once the nbl gets to 2.5 mill cap, should be much easier to hold onto local players.

Reports cooks being offered big money to play in b league(japan).

Reply #912325 | Report this post

Ballman  
Last year

Wont surprise me if Asia throws big money at Cooks. League is turning into a development league for big's to go earn money elsewhere. At least in Soccer you get transfer fees back to the club that had the player - our clubs get squat.

We just wait on the other side when they are past their prime to come in and play a few injury plagued seasons in this league.

Reply #912333 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Salary cap is irrelevant to keeping someone like Cooks because most of his wages come outside the cap. It's just whether teams have the finances to pay what's required.

Reply #912344 | Report this post

Saint23  
Last year

the only risen Cooks is playing in the nbl is because he still has a chance to play in the nba

Reply #912347 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last year

What is a top import in the Japanese league paid roughly does anyone know?

Reply #912348 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

https://www.josecolorado.com/blog/japan-basketball-league-salaries

Reply #912349 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

The japan have a good system where imports get 400-1.2mill, overwhelming these imports are 4 and 5 men. They go after high profile Asian players to get eyes on the league. The Japanese low and mid tier players get paid very little, less than 100k. N.T or fringe national team players also get less than imports, bar 2-3.

1 the Japanese get a chance of naturalising quality big men for the n.t
2 the Japanese guards and forwards get lots of exp vs bigger, taller more athletic bodies.
3 best Japanese post prospects are fast tracked and get exp vs high quality import bigs
4 they develop enormous amounts of 1-2-3 men across 3 divisions, 54 teams for little $$
5 they develop lots of Japanese coaches and trainers, more than 250 in a 3 tier system.
6 young prospects are brought into the clubs and can train or exp professional system.
7 travel and logistics costs are very small
8 stadiums are appropriately sized, 5,000 is avg in a country of 125 million.
9 the senior clubs have good connection all,the way down to jnr level.

Reply #912351 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:54 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754