Sub Me In
Last year

NBL1 Central Finals

Finals are finally here and Sturt in the women's & West in Men's look like it is theirs to lose as both seem to be just that level above the rest when at full strength.

Women's
Elimination Final
North V South - North by 5pts

Qualify Final
Southern V Norwood - Southern to learn from a couple of weeks ago's loss to win by 3 pts

Men's
Elimination Final
South V Woodville - South to reverse last weeks result to win by 4pts

Qualify Final
Forestville V Sturt - Sturt in an upset by 5pts

Love to hear others thoughts on the finals series and winners.

Topic #51237 | Report this topic

+  
Last year

South over North in W - if they can contain their stars
southern v norwood - overtime - then toss a coin

mens elim - redemption for woodville ? - warriors have been in form - will be a great game.

Forestville over Sturt

Sturt in the women have the motivation after just losing GF last year.
West men just have the depth and talent to know how to get it done.

Going to be some games over the next few weeks

Reply #920163 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Last year

Definitely some interesting games in the mens.

Woodville got over South in a tight one last week and I expect another tight one this week as both teams fight for their seasons. South should have enough fire power especially with McVeigh back to get over the line at home.

Forestville vs Sturt is interesting. Instinct says Forestville ls talent over Sturts system but the Sabres got them while undermanned early in the season. Taking the Sabres by 4 and for then to take it up to West Adelaide the week after as well.

Reply #920279 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Last year

Fantastic game at Wayville last night. Sturt fighting back after being down most of the second half but a silly foul with 0.6 remaining cost them a chance at overtime. Forbes looks like he's the best guard in the league.

I didn’t tune in to any of the South game but looks like DJ had his way. Some great matchups next week now and very hard to pick a favourite from the final 4.

Reply #920591 | Report this post

JaneS  
Last year

Interested to know why Mt Gambier opts to play in NBL1 South rather than join NBL1 Central?

Reply #921014 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

SA doesn't want them.

Reply #921016 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

MTG don't want to play in Central. They only went back when South said you needed men and women basically. Took a year to work it out and they went straight back. It’s true Central don’t want them but MTG only want to play in South as it’s a better league

Reply #921017 | Report this post

Bluey  
Last year

interesting that the Vic clubs are okay with this. Essentially means that SA could have 4 teams representing them at Nationals and the Vics none. (I know Tassie have teams in South, but there's nowhere else for them to play, unlike Mt G)

Reply #921018 | Report this post

+  
Last year

Pasadena packed today

Reply #921019 | Report this post

JaneS  
Last year

I couldn't agree more Bluey! Imagine if the Mt Gambier take out both the NBL1 South championships! Not very smart by the Vic clubs. Like you said, it’s different for the Tassie teams, but Mt Gambier have a viable alternative.
I can’t understand why the Vic clubs are happy to travel to SA for a club that could (should?) be playing in Central. I can only assume that the associated costs involved Mt Gambier playing in the South league drives up the costs for all clubs due to the associated travel/accomodation costs.

Reply #921026 | Report this post

+  
Last year

mt gambier is around half way between Melbourne and Adelaide

Reply #921027 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Vic clubs want the best competition they can get and they don't care about cost. Central and Basketball Adelaide care about costs because they have no money. A road trip to MTG kills Adelaide clubs. Equalisation in the South means it’s not really an issue

Reply #921028 | Report this post

Bluey  
Last year

I don't know about it 'not being an issue' Sebastian. Semi pro league, for some reason Mt G seem to be allocated a lot of Friday night games, meaning that players & staff would need to take Friday off work. I imagine that would be a significant issue for a lot of players/staff. Plus, why would the Vic clubs care if Mt G are in their comp or not? There's 19 teams, one less would make no difference to the quality.

Reply #921029 | Report this post

JaneS  
Last year

There's a number of Vic clubs wanting to get into NBL1 South. I’m tipping they’d love to see Mt Gambier move to NBL1 Central, where they can help strengthen that league, whilst opening up a spot for a. Vic team to enter South.

Reply #921031 | Report this post

+  
Last year

put your glasses down - West in a canter at the Port - way too many gun players with big game experience

Reply #921386 | Report this post

SamCro  
Last year

Southern Tigers never really threatened Norwood Flames even after some tough talking on social media by their PG! McKendrick had a mare, going 3 of 19 FGA's when her team needed her the most. Ally Wilson was clearly the most dominant & impactful player (34 Points, 17 rebounds & 4 assists) on the court that Southern had no answer for...

Reply #921394 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:19 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754