JustWannaHoop
Last year

NBL1 Central 2024 Season

Well we start to see signings and announcements already for 2024.

I believe there is going to be big movements for next season.

What's the word on the street? Voice your thoughts!

Topic #51331 | Report this topic

+  
Last year

let's here it justwannahoop

Reply #922978 | Report this post

+  
Last year

only thing I've seen is some coaching info

Reply #922979 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Do any clubs or BSA have any plans in place to become more competitive in the national comp? How would they do it? Or could BSA convince the NBL1 comp to let us enter a composite team in the national finals if its unrealistic for one of the current domestic clubs to ever compete?

Reply #922982 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Last year

I think if West had taken their full team they would have competed at least at nationals, even if they didn't win it.

I have seen Joe Jackson returning to Woodville and Stepney is moving on. North have re appointed both of their coaches and Wests women’s coach has resigned.

Looks to be a few other coaching jobs up for grabs too.

Reply #922985 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

Stuart not coaching West womens
Dickel not coaching South womens

Reply #922994 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Yeah I was interested to see how the Bearcats would go in the national finals, but then found out the day it was on that none of their NBL players would suit up!

I would love to know how Bearcats management feels about paying those guys all season, only to have them pull the pin for the national finals?

Also curious about the exact reasons most NBL players didn't show. I hope it wasn't something petty like teams/ NBL1 comp refusing to pay airfares to Perth and accommodation or something?

Reply #923015 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Drmic put on Twitter workload

Reply #923019 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Last year

It was 100% on NBL clubs not allowing players, including Drmic. Once one player was told to report for training camp, other clubs followed suit.

Reply #923051 | Report this post

+  
Last year

Justwannahoop - we're still waiting !

Reply #923059 | Report this post

JT  
Last year

Could argue that NBL1 clubs that 'buy' their local championship get found out at Nationals when their hired guns can’t play. Somewhat rewards those clubs that develop local players, no?

Reply #923093 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

"It was 100% on NBL clubs not allowing players, including Drmic. Once one player was told to report for training camp, other clubs followed suit."

So if this the case then they probably need to bring the NBL1 finals forward a week or two? Who negotiates it? Is it between the NBL and state associations still? NBL1 is more of brand name than a body with any control over the state basketball associations right?

Reply #923104 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Last year

In theory that could help, but it doesn't address the lack of incentive for NBL clubs to allow their players to participate.

Reply #923107 | Report this post

TG63  
Last year

Yes JT.
This is what West Adelaide did it seems.
Think they came last in the finals.

Reply #923225 | Report this post

JustWannaHoop  
Last year

I'm asking the question where are players going - I only read what is posted on FB - but I do hear that a number of American players - naturalized and imports are on the look out for new places to "rest their balls" LOL

Reply #923695 | Report this post

In Da House  
Last year

I think you'll definitely see a new look West Adelaide team, rebuild mode for Dean.
Also, sounds like Jeremy Smith coming back to South Adelaide.
Forbes to return to Sturt.
Jackson returning to Woodville.
Norwood to retain most of their team.
Forestville won't change much.
DeSantis exploring options.

Reply #927205 | Report this post

JustWannaHoop  
Last year

Wurm is back to Woodville after a stint in Italy
Koop is returning to Rockets

Big recruits for Lions - could be a good season for them

Reply #927910 | Report this post

+  
Last year

Mavs have mentioned big news on their socials ? any info ?

Reply #927918 | Report this post

NBL1 Central Fan  
Last year

I know it's very early days but now that there's been some signings announced and rosters are developing, what are people's thoughts?

or is this thread dead...? I remember the days when Premier League threads used to pop off.

Reply #930924 | Report this post

JustWannaHoop  
Last year

Mavs are just poaching players from Pioneers - nothing there to talk about. All their main players are gone like Legan.

Warriors import Black looks promising and Wurm is shooting well still after his stint in Italy.

Rockets McCalop brothers - we'll see if egos will see them out of the top 5 this season.

Flames - Osborne has made the move - we'll see how much court time he gets with a bunch of guards and the Webbers running the show.

Lions Women look good this season but nothing from the men. If Jenkin stays they just need to build the team around him as he's the nucleus.

Eagles - rumor is DJ is back with them - this will be interesting cause he's one major sour puppy face.

Bearcats - I'm sure all the money Dean's throwing around he'll attract some good players.

South I heard won't change much but we'll see cause of course Kubank has joined their mix.

Sturt - Their not even on the tracker - maybe they are in stealth mode!

Tigers - just kneel and pray.

Reply #931757 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:17 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754