XXXX
Last year

VC Finals 2023

There should be some good games this Friday, pity they aren't all, or at least mostly at the SBC. A lot of Dandenong teams with Grand Finals at home, doesn't seem very fair. Favorites, on previous results, on the girls side would be:
12's Dandenong
14's Kilsyth
16's Sandringham
18's Melbourne

The 12's looks likely to be very close. Kilsyth and Sandringham would be big favorites. In the 18's Melbourne were clearly the better team during the year but Dandenong beat them in the first final, so will be interesting.

Topic #51387 | Report this topic

BlueBoys  
Last year

From what I've heard, SBC booked out their courts for a tournament for another sport completely? So there’s no games at SBC, so BV turned to Dandenong and Nunawading to host the games. If Knox had have made more finals and was at SBC there’d be be complaining about home finals there too. Very hard to find neutral venues that are good level venues for finals without some form of home bias unfortunately!

Reply #925555 | Report this post

LC  
Last year

How's that...the State Basketball Centre sold out to Cheerleading instead of hosting, wait for it... the Victorian Championship basketball finals!

Reply #925574 | Report this post

Bluey  
Last year

Basketball Victoria forgot to book the courts for the VC GF's? lmao

Reply #925587 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Or just *assumed* that BV would be given priority over anyone else's access to the courts?

Reply #925589 | Report this post

Biggie  
Last year

From what I've heard BV supposedly overlooked booking SBC for the VC finals. You'd think this booking would be made as soon as the VJBL calendar is set.

Reply #925592 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Last year

I heard the cheerleading was booked before they even had the VJBL calendar, so not entirely the fault of BV.

Reply #925684 | Report this post

Manders  
Last year

Except that they always know finals are around this time, so pretty funny if not weird. How many people do they employ down there?

Reply #925686 | Report this post

XXXX  
Last year

Had a look at parts of most the finals on the BV Youtube Channel, there were some great games. The 14 boys final was amazing, anybody who hasn't seen it go and watch the last couple of minutes. The 18 boys was close too, but it would have been great if both teams had all their players available. On the girls side all the results were pretty predictable other than the 18's, great win by the Dandenong girls over a very good Melbourne team.

Reply #926243 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Yep, the u14 final few plays were something else https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoehcdnqmcI

Reply #926245 | Report this post

MICHAEL_MACGYVER  
Last year

It blew me away that Dandenong was allowed to host games when there own teams were playing in them. Could have used Casey Stadium down the road to host them surely?

I mean if Casey Stadium is good enough to host Club Champs two years in a row surely there good enough to host VC grand finals?

Reply #926348 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Last year

I hear what you're saying, but Casey Stadium is hardly "down the road" from Dandenong Stadium.

And yeah, BV should have booked the State Basketball Centre.

Having said that, I'm actually not convinced there is such a thing as home court advantage for juniors. I mean travel time, familiarity etc, but not sure that actually impacts player performance in a game to be honest.

Reply #926380 | Report this post

MICHAEL_MACGYVER  
Last year

in the case of the 12.1s (Frankston Vs Dandenong) it would be....not so much for the other clubs playing....having said that you'd have thought that more effort would have been put into not having so many Dandenong teams playing VC finals at Dandenong....my two cents...always feels like the legacy clubs get looked after over and over with these things.

Reply #926381 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

How many of the legacy clubs are on the committees which decide these things?

(Rhetorical question)

Reply #926382 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

So if SBC hold all finals next year, do Knox move?

Home games don't hold value when it comes to finals for Juniors. Are you going to move the classic? Do you move U14 nationals if the host makes the final?

Reply #926384 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:25 am, Tue 30 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754