The Foss
Last year

Sign DJ!

No matter what your thoughts the fact that DJ is not on the 6ers roster with how bad they are right now is an absolute joke! I'm not saying as a starter or on big $$$ but the favt hes not on a roster at the moment with the issues we have is nonsensical at best.....

Topic #51467 | Report this topic

Reader  
Last year

Is he keeping fit? Or is he in retirement mode

Reply #927723 | Report this post

JustWannaHoop  
Last year

Hell NO. He's not worth bringing back!

Reply #927725 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

He's not the answer, isn’t he in Japan anyway.

Reply #927727 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

This DJ dummy spit is because he didn't like coming off the bench in the second half of last season. No doubt not willing to play for less than star money either. He's 35 years old now has no business starting NBL games anymore.

DJ fans need to ask themselves why has no other NBL team signed him let alone a team from another league?

Reply #927728 | Report this post

JoelMVP  
Last year

If this is the answer, then it's already over. He’s got nothing to offer. The 36ers have simply lost in the offseason as usual. Too late now, spooners. Grant must be so ready to sell. He’s had woeful intel from day 1. Where’s JVG?

Reply #927729 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

JVG got fired years ago.

Reply #927731 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

You scored 100 points today, scoring wasn't the issue.

Reply #927738 | Report this post

Reggie  
Last year

Please no. Only correct decision the club has made recently

Reply #927743 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

"This DJ dummy spit is because he didn't like coming off the bench in the second half of last season"

No he came off the bench and played the role he needed to.

"He's 35 years old now has no business starting NBL games anymore."

Who is saying to start him?

"DJ fans need to ask themselves why has no other NBL team signed him let alone a team from another league?"

No you need to ask yourself why you can't understand the fact you have been told many times that he asked for more then teams were willing to give him. If he gave the right price teams would have given him a contract. Also saying why other leagues have not signed him is showing how dumb you are. He is at home looking after his new born child. You knew that but for some reason want to be oblivious to it.

Now get back to thinking Mathiang is too good for the NBL and that Humphries will be coming off the bench to start the season

Reply #927745 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

" Now get back to thinking Mathiang is too good for the NBL and that Humphries will be coming off the bench to start the season"

To be fair Santamaria suggested that as a possibility when they were looking for Brantley. Are you having a go at Santamaria?

I've always been a big fan of Humphries but even I wouldn’t have seen that as an unreasonable decision given we have to be super careful with his body.

Reply #927748 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

No he came off the bench and played the role he needed to.

QAnon who has inside info, I believe a direct line to DJ himself, has said DJ was very unhappy about CJ benching him during last season and implied CJ needed to do some bridge building for DJ to be comfortable to sign with the Sixers again!

No you need to ask yourself why you can't understand the fact you have been told many times that he asked for more then teams were willing to give him.

Hang on weren't you the guy who said DJ would take his skills to Japan this season, what happened there? lol

Also saying why other leagues have not signed him is showing how dumb you are.

This from the guy who said a team in Japan would sign DJ this season!

Now get back to thinking Mathiang is too good for the NBL and that Humphries will be coming off the bench to start the season

I never said either of those things. I said Mathiang with his stellar play in Israel may have priced himself out of the NBL, that does not mean too good for the NBL obviously and Wiley starting at centre over Humphries was Liam's prediction not mine buddy. I just relayed how gobsmackingly stupid that would be.

Reply #927749 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

"DJ was very unhappy about CJ benching him during last season"

Sure but he came on and did his job. So implying he didn't do his job because he was unhappy about it was wrong.

"Hang on weren't you the guy who said DJ would take his skills to Japan this season, what happened there? lol"

When did I say that? If he has a new born he is staying here. If he didn't have that child and he didn't want to accept minimum wage in the NBL sure he would go there for the money.

Stating Mathiang has priced himself out of a league indicates they are too good for the league. You based all that on grabbing some rebounds in a league below the NBL playing in a loaded team where all he had to do was rebound and block shots. You also mentioned how he is too good to come off the bench. He is coming off the bench and stinking it up so far. Mcdowell-White will make him look good with some lobs and non contested finishes but that is about it.

Doesn't that show how gullible you are believing a comment someone made months before the season started? And you continued to push that comment.

Reply #927753 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Last year

Great call. Just what we need. But assume the way the club departed him, like they do with most players, he'd have no interest in coming back.

Reply #927754 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Sure but he came on and did his job. So implying he didn't do his job because he was unhappy about it was wrong.

I never said or implied that. QAnon said he was very unhappy about it.

When did I say that? If he has a new born he is staying here. If he didn't have that child and he didn't want to accept minimum wage in the NBL sure he would go there for the money.

Okay to be fair I can't remember which DJ fan on here was saying that guff during the off-season and perhaps I mistakenly attributed it to you, DJ's biggest fan. I said it was laughable then to suggest a team in Japan would be interested in a 35yo washed up NBL centre, when they poach our import bigs for fun.

Stating Mathiang has priced himself out of a league indicates they are too good for the league.

No it doesn't they are two very different things. The NBL is not a high paying league you understand that right? Why do you think Nick Kay left for Japan or Brock Motum has spent the past 10 years playing in various leagues overseas? Is Brock Motum too good for the NBL? Obviously not but he can earn more elsewhere.

Doesn't that show how gullible you are believing a comment someone made months before the season started? And you continued to push that comment.

I never believed for a second Wiley would start at the five over Humphries just said that's what Liam was predicting. Seriously how poor are your comprehension skills?

Reply #927758 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I'm sure the Sixers would re-up DJ if he apologised to CJ and accepted a far lower salary offer.

For once the club aren't the problem.

Reply #927759 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Last year

Bring back DJ. Greatest 6er of the past decade

Reply #927760 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Its not the club at fault here. My understanding is that DJ felt disrespected by CJ and is not willing to play for him. This stuff happens. Its not the first time a player coming to the end of his career ends up at odds with his coach.

Back in the day, club legends like Al Green, Darryl Pearce, Mike McKay, they all were upset when the coach decided he had to put a broom through the team and rebuild.

It's unfortunate, but hopefully with time and some effort from both parties, they can mend some bridges. DJ was one of the leagues best scoring and rebounding big men for about 6 years. He was one of the most durable big men in the league too. The club could bank on his fitness year in and year out for most of a decade.

His star has waned with age, but he deserves respect and it would be great if he could return off the bench for a season or two. Time will tell, but I think the club has already made it clear they value his contributions. Hopefully CJ and DJ can mend some fences in time.

Reply #927772 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Sign Trev!

Reply #927774 | Report this post

Krazy8  
Last year

CJ not doing much to build something that he can continuously take the high road on these things.

Why get rid of DJ when you don't have a gun replacement coming in, especially a non-import.

Reply #927778 | Report this post

Busterkobe  
Last year

Why don't we see what Mark Davis is upto also if we are thinking bribing back Johnson is the answer.

Reply #927779 | Report this post

Busterkobe  
Last year

*bringing

Reply #927780 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Sign Trev!

Package deal with Greg Hire?

Reply #927784 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Yes the dynamic duo of Trev and Greg Hire, would be like when Sydney signed Gaze and Copeland and they finally got the Kings franchise heading in the right direction and boosted Copes media career

Reply #927786 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Surely you don't need to go back to DJ?

Reply #927802 | Report this post

Greg Hire  
Last year

Geez you have some sort of weird obsession with myself @Perthworld

Would love to grab a coffee and see what your issue is with myself?

Feel free to make contact with me directly.

Reply #927831 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

Trev is a good coach. If was the 36ers call up Trev now since they need to think of the future. 0-4 in a short 28 season is very difficult. If they go 0-5 then season done. Breakers have already signed Lamb so got no idea what the 36ers front office is doing.

Reply #927832 | Report this post

Heatingsnail  
Last year

Please, imagine the starting 5 with DJ at Center and MaCarron at the point, the other teams would be thinking they are all playing against a seniors team!!! Adelaide are not going to win too many games this year, their fan base is going to have to accept that. I would rather the club go young and see what happens, Flowers, Marshall etc.....Everyone already knows what MaCarron and Cadee can produce…

Reply #927851 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Hi Greg I honestly can't take the credit since Yup started the meme in your honour so maybe you should take him out to dinner?

Reply #927857 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Last year

I heard something about Gleeson still has a year left on his NBA coaching contract ( got released early but is still getting paid )
But if he takes another coaching gig his NBA salary is voided, resulting in a bit of a pay cut.
Happy to be corrected as I cannot remember where I heard that.

Reply #927860 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Someone wrote it on here but I can't remember which thread.

Reply #927865 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

Gleeson is on gardening leave

Reply #927866 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last year

Gleeson sounded like his priority is getting back to the US or trying out Europe and NBL is a last resort when on commentary in the Perth/Adelaide game

Reply #927868 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Gleeson would be a fantastic coach in some of the better euro league teams. Big money to.

Reply #927870 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:32 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754