Dunkman
Earlier this year

United @ JJs

Just underway, have your say. JJs need this

Topic #51740 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Quality game by quality teams and coaches. JJs by two at the quarter after slow start.

Reply #934556 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

JJs shooting the light s out, United clearly missing two starters, very good game. JJs by 10.

Reply #934567 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Hukporti now on four fouls, game over. JJs cruising

Reply #934569 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Earlier this year

This game is done with 3:40 to go in the 3rd.

Drewey suggesting Goorj give Magnay a call up to camp.
I completely agree. I don't expect it to happen, but I'd like to wrong.

Reply #934570 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Drewey is 100% right, Magnay and Humphries.

Reply #934571 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this year

Is Shae Ili really good enough to warrant this drop in Melbourne form when he and JLA are out?

Reply #934572 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Earlier this year

Can Basketball Australia give Goorj a call and tell him he is not required? We can't allow him to destroy the chances of our best Boomer teams.

Reply #934573 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Earlier this year

I wondered the same thing Kolzee
MU look so out of sync without him in the lineup.

AP, yeah, I dont see the boomers medaling under the current coach unfortunately

Reply #934574 | Report this post

hoopie  
Earlier this year

LOL, AP. Love it!

Reply #934575 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Illi is a loss but it's the lack of fives that hurt united today, JJs have rotated three to one on them.

Reply #934576 | Report this post

LV  
Earlier this year

Last year United was about 11-3 with Ili and 4-10 without. One of the best defenders in the league. With Delly there he isn't quite as important, but his D was definitely missed tonight

It was also Hukporti getting into foul trouble that hurt tonight. His battle with Lee/Magnay was great viewing, shame he had to sit for so long.

Reply #934595 | Report this post

LV  
Earlier this year

But, JJs were awesome, they're United's bogey team, and unlucky to be only 12-11, percentage is a better indicator as the commentators said

I'd rather United play Sydney or Perth in the semis

Reply #934596 | Report this post

koberulz  
Earlier this year

Is that double dribble call the worst call in the league since the offensive foul on Jamar Wilson drawn by Patty Mills?

Reply #934604 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Earlier this year

Quite possibly. Chris Reid, what more needs to be said?

Reply #934607 | Report this post

Scout  
Earlier this year

Was at the game and absolutley confused by that double dribble call (and I'm a JJs supporter) looking at the replay later yep that was just wrong.

Reid doesn't discriminate he makes em against both teams, my daughter her refs said he calls a lot of odd stuff and when he is out of position.

Great win to the JJs, lots of United supporters at the game with good spirit in the crowd. Different to last time United played here and won and 5 of their supporters (young blokes on the turps) who were in court side seats walked along the court with 10 seconds to go giving the finger to the crowd after carrying on the whole game (United were up from go to wo in that one).

Reply #934615 | Report this post

EssenX  
Earlier this year

United are the team to beat but looking shaky without JLA and Ili. As the stats from LV show, Ili is a winner.

Important win for JJs, especially as they might drop the next one against the Anthony Lamb.

I can't remember the last season that came down so much to individual match ups. Injury management is going to be key.

Reply #934640 | Report this post

Knowall  
Earlier this year

You can thank the refs for the even comp at the end of the year.

Reply #934641 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:04 am, Tue 30 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754