MaxM
Earlier this month

PJC is back!

Resigned on a one-year deal.

Didn't even think this was possible seeing has he signed in Turkey on a 1.5 yr contract, but how good to see him back in the league.

Mody puts a team around him and he could be MVP

Topic #51933 | Report this topic

EssenX  
Earlier this month

I'm really happy to see him back in the league too, he was an absolute gun, but very surprised as he seemed to be doing 1 year stints only and moving onto bigger and better each time. I guess he has unfinished business.

I am guessing the Breakers know WMW is on the way out then and the $ freed up from him moving on have been passed onto PJC.

How good would it be to see the Breakers bring back Lamb and Cheatham too?

Reply #939918 | Report this post

MaxM  
Earlier this month

Lamb is still in NZ but with an Achilles tear, he would miss half the NBL season

Reply #939920 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this month

Great news, tremendous player, I was certain he had signed in Turkey, wonder what changed that.

Reply #939926 | Report this post

Dorito  
Earlier this month

Hey Dunkman, not sure if this is the reason but there is alot of civil unrest in that region at the moment, not sure if that becomes a factor for players or not?

Reply #939929 | Report this post

MaxM  
Earlier this month

Apparently he was injured, and "struggled to adapt" to the team.

Reply #939931 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this month

Cotton getting older, it's going to take a very good player to beat him in the mvp race.

Reply #939932 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this month

Incredible signing and it's got to be a good reflection on modys coaching too. I thought there was a tension that built between the two but it seems that's how mody works with everyone!

As you said essenx they can contribute some of WMWs freed up cash. But the key is now to secure a good shooting guard which his style needs... then hopefully leafa as a back up combo

Reply #939935 | Report this post

MaxM  
Earlier this month

Le'afa has informed NZ he won't be back next season

Reply #939937 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this month

Really? Didn't expect that. Can't see him being a starter but he might find someone who'll pay a touch more

Reply #939938 | Report this post

TimX  
Earlier this month

Leafa is signed with kings

Reply #939990 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Earlier this month

Yeah I heard that too. Not gonna be many minutes there for him I expect so must be a decent pay increase

Reply #939995 | Report this post

Mystro  
Earlier this month

Le'afa hit some big shots and had some great moments defensively but his handle was much too loose for my liking. Had some costly turnovers at some lousy times.
Always a shame to lose a good kiwi player to another franchise but if NZ can get McCarron to replace him and put some shooters around him it might be an improvement.

Reply #940024 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:21 am, Tue 30 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754