Kent Brockman
Years ago

Jason Smith is our Jerry West?

Read on oz hoops that the player on the new Phillips logo is Jason Smith.

Whilst at the end of the day it is the sponsor and the $ that they bring to the league that matters i am confused as to why he was chosen as the ideal embodiment of the league?

Am i alone here? i just do not see what he does apart from break down with regularity...he can not hit open shots even though he is the national starting shooting guard and he is renowned for his d even though he does not hold players below there average ppg.

i do not get it...many other players would have made a better example of a true NBL champion worthy of being honoured as the leagues logo ala Jerry West for the NBA.

Topic #649 | Report this topic

Jasime  
Years ago

I'm no great Andrew Gaze fan, but you would think he would have to be the logical choice.

Reply #6374 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Gaze is the man! He embodied all that the game of basketball is! His passion, skill, competitiveness, and deminor encompassed the game! Jason Smith is just a goat!

I;m hungry! a bag of chips would go down nicely!

Reply #6383 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

They wanted to have a logo of someone jumping. That leaves Andrew out!

(Mod: Classic! Little basketball awarded.)

Reply #6398 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

gaze should have been on the logo

Reply #6542 | Report this post

Jamil Person  
Years ago

Mr. Smith is one of the greatest!! Great man! I still hang his Vermont #44 Jersey in my home in San Diego, California. He gave it to me when we played college ball together. He had MAD hops! He won the dunk contest! He will end up in the hall of fame. He is a superstar in California!!
-Jamil Person

Reply #64370 | Report this post

Bigcountry  
Years ago

has to be Gaze im not a huge fan either but please note he did do a finger tip dunk in the rexona add years ago if all about the hops why not (i think his name was Brett Rainbow) he used to win all the dunk comps and please note Smith is an idiot

Reply #64372 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754