ShutUp!
Years ago

Adelaide United - Season Ticket Promotion

Adelaide United have sent a letter to all Local Soccer Clubs regarding the 2006/07 season. There are to be two levels of Season Tickets, Red - only guaranteed admittance to the ground (Southern, Eastern & Northern Stands) at $176 for Adult Ticket or Gold - where you have a reserved seat in the Western Stand at $242
This is for 11 home games, which equates to $16 per game for Red, or $22 for Gold.
This is pretty comparable to a Sixers Ticket, from memory.
However, here is the "kicker" for Season Ticket Holders. Buy your tickets through your local club & the club will get a rebate of 25% ($44 for red, $60.50 for gold) from Adelaide United.
Also, Hyundai is giving away two new Motor vehicles for each A League Club. So for every ticket purchased through your local club, the club & the season ticket holder go into separate draws to win a car.

An example of this is:- You are part of a Club where your members buy a total of 40 season tickets, with the club then receiving rebates totalling $2,420 (Gold) or $1,760 (Red). Your club would also have 40 chances in the draw to win a new Hyundai.

Yes there are a lot more Soccer Clubs than Basketball Clubs in SA, so its not realistcally comparable. Yet, all this to me makes Soccer look like they have turned the corner and are becoming a very fan friendly sport. (And shouldn't have too much trouble filling Hindmarsh & other Stadiums around Australia)

Topic #7078 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I've suggested before that the Sixers should do this with district clubs to provide incentive for the second tier to market the game. Even if it was only a 10% rebate and a lesser prize than a car it would be a smart move.

Teams could use it as a fundraiser, the clubs could promote ticket sales at their stadia, through newsletters, arrange deals when players are signing up for the year, etc.

The Sixers could create a zone for each club so that all the Woodville people could elect when buying tickets to sit in their club group (Lyn, that's because they're all blue collar workers and they smell - just kidding) or elsewhere. Maybe have one game each season that is club night where anyone with an affiliation dresses in their team's colours to be eligible for a prize.

This would've all been that much easier when BSA and the Sixers were combined, but it's still feasible down the track. Clubs provide that marketing service in exchange for the commission - I'd even make it an affiliate program so that sports stores or other businesses could refer sales. I know that if that opportunity were open to me, I'd promote Sixers ticket sales very strongly. I know that Double Clutch, who refers a lot of friends to games and has handed out literally hundreds of two-for-one vouchers (thanks to Potsie and Oscar for providing them), could quit his day job and go full time in Sixers sales. Perhaps give people the option to list the Hudson Maher Foundation if they wanted to donate their referral bonus to charity.

As for the disadvantages, well some might say that you'd be losing 10% from existing sales who might choose to renew/buy through an affiliate, and maybe that's an issue, but say you've got 2500 season ticket sellers and you lose $250, I would bet that by taking this road you'd easily cover that "loss". In addition, that difference would be going straight back to those clubs and other providers who support basketball.

You could even potentially see mobile phone companies and ISPs promoting ticket sales? Who knows.

Reply #79451 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:07 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754