Sawmeinhalf
Years ago

Mastro watch

Adrian Mastrovich has helped the Easy LPG Bay Hawks move into the final on the weekend with a performance that will have Smyth and Breheny salivating.

He scored 29 points in 27 minutes shooting 50% from the field. He hit 4 of 7 threes and 7 of 8 FT's. While he only pulled down 4 boards, his rebounding has been reasonably strong all season (averaging 8 rpg I think).

Wheeler also played alright on the weekend with 19 points at 60% and 10 rebounds for Sandringham in the Big V comp.

Add to this Darren Ng's 43 points at 55% and you'd have reason to get excited. Hopefully these guys can bring it in the upcoming season.

Topic #7782 | Report this topic

thomo  
Years ago

thanks for the update sawmeinhalf,

i think i asked before but whats copeland doing in the off season

Reply #87177 | Report this post

Sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

Not sure what Copes is up to. He's arrives from the States soon I believe so I expect Phil has just told him to take it easy over the break to make sure he's as fresh as possible for the season. It'd be pretty embarassing for Phil if the recruit he's copped the most grief over got injured before the season even began.

Anyone know what he's been up to? Pick-up games maybe?

Reply #87183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure he's been playing pickup games - just doubt they are of the basketball nature.

Reply #87223 | Report this post

Seahawks Fan  
Years ago

In the game wheeler just played against the Warrnambool Seahawks His opposition (Andrew Savige)who is 20 y.o. also standing 6-10 more than held his own against the front line of Wheeler and Timmons with 10 points and 10 boards. Also in the same game, 6-4 Bobby Cunningham who's hampered by gravity, had 18 boards 2 shy of both wheeler's and timmon's 10 each. Btw, Warrnambool Seahawks have given Sandringham there 1st loss at their place for the year. www.bigv.com.au for game stats.

Reply #87249 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:14 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754