Maurice White
Years ago

Luuuuuuuuke

this from Dime Smack - www.foxsports.com

Bulls coach Scott Skiles on Luke Schenscher: "He's about two years away from being a legit NBA backup. Not an end-of-the-bench guy, but an 8th, 9th or 10th guy in a rotation." Not quite the scouting report you were hearing when everyone was hyping that Schenscher/Okafor matchup in the '04 NCAA title game

Don't worry Luke that's exactly what a NCT coach said about you when you were playing U/16 Div 5, "he might be an 8th, 9th or 10th guy in rotation in state league reserves"

Topic #8851 | Report this topic

ritz  
Years ago

go the Schensch...

Reply #99648 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Wishing the guy luck - but the reality is back in the 1990`s he would have been drafted in the late 1st or early 2nd round - based on his height and reputaion alone - the NBA has changed and the expectaions of a center have changed... Acie Earl, Jim McIllvane, Craig Foster, (even) Longley had lengthy gigs???... Luke is a dinosaur - he was 10 years behind his time IMHO - as i said i hope he proves me wrong...

Reply #99649 | Report this post

Nick K.  
Years ago

HAHA being on an NBA team in the rotation, he must suck! HAHA how many Australian players are good enough to get that said about them?? If its true bout him being U/16 div 5 then thats one hell of a testament to how hard this bloke has worked to get where he is!

Reply #99683 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I played with him in 18 1's, he was horrendous to say the least. The AIS picked him up following that season, and 6 months later he came back and trained with the ABA side, and was pretty awesome. Obviously the ability to learn very, very quickly.

Reply #99690 | Report this post

mufflover  
Years ago

That's not a bad time scale, considering big men do not hit their peak til around 30 he is on track, developing nicely, let's hope that the Bulls sign him to their last roster spot and therefore commit themselves to developing him into their rotation.

Reply #99712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

another SA country boy makes good

Reply #99730 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:49 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754