Bonz
Years ago

Joe Hachem Wins WPT Event $2.2M

Aussie Joe Hachem has just won the Doyle Brunson tournament in Vegas.
He pocketed US$2,200,000 the gold braclet and a ticket into the WPT Championship.

I think the Maher's, Cooper's, Bauer's and Bonz's of the world have a fair way to go yet.

Topic #9804 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Hachem did extremely well to win in a field of 500+.

Final table included top pro Daniel Negreanu, who came in 3rd place. Would've been great to see Hachem vs Negreanu heads up, but it wasn't to be.

This makes Hachem just the 2nd person to eclipse $10m (US) in tournament winnings (the other being Jamie Gold, this years WSOP winner, who collected $12m for that event alone).

Reply #111957 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

I have subbed Hachem for Fitz at the next event, you nervous Bonz?

Reply #111958 | Report this post

Knackers  
Years ago

I just hope he won it with a decent hand this time, what did he have the first time 3 - 7 off suit. That would be devestating to lose to

Reply #111959 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

LOL......bring ya $$$$ Fitz!!!

Reply #111960 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Knackers - yep, his WSOP win was with 7-3 offsuit, but all the money went in on a 4-5-6 flop, so it's not like he sucked out.

He won this tourney with Ace-6 offsuit vs Q-J offsuit.

He played very well at the final table, picked his spots & let others beat each other up. Once it was heads up, he finished off his opponent pretty quickly.

Reply #111962 | Report this post

Knackers  
Years ago

Yeah i could see him finishng them off quickly, watched him play a bit on TV the other week and he is super agressive when he bets, win's a lot of pots through 'muscle betting', yet he tends to stay reasonably quiet till there is only a few people left

Reply #111963 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

Did he use that great quote.........pass the sugar!!

Reply #111964 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Fiji - apparently at least once at the final table after taking down a big pot from Negreanu.

Reply #111965 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Joe Hachem is such a tard.

'Pass the sugar' what the hell is that?

Reply #112131 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

A tard with more money than ur going to see in your life. Id like to be a tard with over 10 million earning per year

Reply #112175 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754