Anonymous
Years ago

CH 7 only showing "highlights" of 3 Aus gms?

Just came across this site: http://linky.com.au/y1lmq which shows when the Boomers and Opals games are on TV and 3 out of the 5 boomers games have: Highlights included in daily show from X:XX (various times). What a load of crap. I thought they were atleast going to show some of the game (perhaos cutting in and out of it and the swimming or something). Unless "highlights" mean the game is compressed into and hour or something like they have of the NBL on channel 9 on sunday mornings that is really bad. . Every site seems to be saying something slightly different as to what and how much bball channel 7 are showing. Anyone know any more about this?

Topic #16795 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

they really only ever show scrap minutes. We might get some more extended coverage of any game of us v the US if that happens. I hope SBS pick up the ball games as they will dedicate more time to them.

Reply #197615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess we'll just have to put the TV on around the right time just wait and see how much they show.

Reply #197617 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

sbs are not showing any Aussie ball games

Reply #197618 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

This morning the FULL opals game was shown on 7.

Reply #197627 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

true but that is very rare, and i think it was only as nothing had really got into full swing yet. Now that Swimming is going that will take a lot of the coverage so its hard for them to dedicate the time to one team sport like the bball. I hope the womens growing profile helps them get some more air time and the bogut factor for the mens might help.

Reply #197628 | Report this post

why is swimming so popular? its like a boring version of running and running sucks

(Mod: Haha!)

Reply #197630 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

And the US v Cech womans game is on now, looks like they will show most of it (started with 2 mins gone in first).

Reply #197634 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Don't sweat it. We get to see the full Boomers v Iran game and after attending the recent match at the Dome (and in my best SBS news-reader's voice) ..... I cannot wait for that one.

Reply #197648 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

de cahnnels dont lik de bball ... dat is why nbl iz dead in dis country. dey only likes de swimmin, tennis n auzzie ruls !!! ... if auzzie rules wer in de Olympcz dey would show only dat n swimmin. in fact dey like to show wat footie players had ta drink or who dey dating more then dey show bball !!!!

Reply #197663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^

Speak English mate.....seriously.

Reply #197708 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Honestly Channel 7 Should NEVER be allowed to show any sport or Sporting event EVER. They butcher the Football, Show the Princess Diaries instead of Aus vs NZ Rugby Union(which is shown at 11:30 after special celebrity photos WTF) Have destroyed the V8's and are now making a mockery of the Olympics. Ive watched sbs to see the FULL games being played and to avoid the freakin Equastrian shit shown on Seven.
Ofcourse to make matters worse, you can't email them to complain, you have to FAX (are we in ther 70's still) or write a letter. Apparently they realised this stops people complaining otherwise Im sure they would be Flooded with Hundreds of messages a DAY!

Reply #197711 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Spot on, Skud. I don't bother watching Friday Night Footy, I can't be bothered sitting up until 11.30 at night watching a pretty ordinary coverage.

Reply #197714 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Channel 7 is crap. SBS doing a great job - they stick with a game and show it all.
Would like to think they will stock with the Boomers tonight. I'll reserve my judgement and further comments until after that game.

Reply #197717 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Gotta wonder about the IOC getting shirty about streaming... More eyeballs means more dollars (i am sure advertisers don't mind events being streamed - probably would pay a premuim...)... But of course a lot of broadcasters WAAAY overpaid for olympics rights back in the days of the tech boom so they would be up in arms - If you could buy a basketball tournament package for a decent fee - I (and probably a heap of others would buy it)... And there are other bball playing nations outside of the USA (Yes NHK (Japan) i am talking to you!!!)...

Has the "Official Online Broadcaster" status of Yahoo7 actually paid any decent dividends... Or is it like channel seven (and Oz FTA in general) much ado about nothing???

Reply #197719 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

http://help.yahoo.com/l/au/yahoo7/tv/general.html

for many angry emails

Reply #197938 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754