angry
Years ago

Locked: Shameful! Tigers vs Ref incident

This goes out to all that were present in the Southern Tigers bar prior to presentations following the game. saying something offensive about another person is just down right disgusting. no matter what has happened, get over it and move on. im not going to name names or repeat what was alleged to be said... but seriously... LIFT UR GAME, KEEP UR MOUTH SHUT and SHOW SOME BLOODY RESPECT!!

Topic #20321 | Report this topic

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

wtf?

Reply #241606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'saying something offensive about another person is just down right disgusting.'

Ahh welcome to life. Unless you explain what happened and with whome it involved, its just random words on a forum.

Reply #241607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

especially when your president has been removed from stadium during game, and then for a fan to call an umpire gay, just all class down there isnt it!! enough said u ferals

Reply #241608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ex president please.

Reply #241610 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

the plot thickens..!

Reply #241611 | Report this post

**fer**  
Years ago

yes i think the umpire that caused this should be strongly repremanded for his attitude towards the person (then persons) involved - OK so u umpired shit and then got told off don't come into the clubrooms half an hour after the game and start trying to throw ur weight around!!!!!!!
LIFT UR GAME, KEEP UR MOUTH SHUT AND SHOW SOME BLOODY RESPECT hope ur proud that u upset some kids along the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #241612 | Report this post

careful  
Years ago

I think this thread may need to be locked as I can see someone getting themselves into a bit of trouble.

I hope angry or anon 241608 is not the ref in question as this is not the forum to discuss the issue to hand.

Reply #241613 | Report this post

ljh  
Years ago

have a fkn cry mate

Reply #241614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pres or ex pres who cares show some bloody class. Most disgusting bunch of supporters I've seen in a long time. Club should hang it's head. And to the barman who asked the ref to leave after he confronted the guy who called him gay you're just as bad. And people wonder why everyone hates playing at morphett vale and hates southern in general get some class!!!

Reply #241616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

think you'll find he was talking to games commissioner and the accused parties confronted him. It's none of their business what he says to the commish so get your facts straight. I'm not sticking up for the ref but those southern people were way outta line

Reply #241617 | Report this post

angry  
Years ago

the ump should be repremanded?? give me a break! for sticking up for himself?? wouldnt u do the same thing? or just gone off into a corner and cried into ur blousse?... get a clue!

Reply #241618 | Report this post

careful  
Years ago

Do you know what was allegedly said for the ex-pres to be asked to be removed?

Do you think the barman should have stepped aside and let the ref have a go at the guy who allegedly called him "gay" and have a fight in the bar? Not saying a fight would have broken out but who knows with all the testosterone flying around.

I think this is a case of a mountain being made out of a mole hill.

I will stress again though, be careful what you say on this forum!

Reply #241620 | Report this post

Heath Jury  
Years ago

As the coach of the mens team i can officially say i was embarrassed at the incident and my apologies go out to the referee.

I will personally speak to the executive about the incident and see that the parties involve dont get to walk away thinking all is well.

It was a hard fought game and unfortunately we came away with the loss, as a club we should hold our heads high and look towards the woodville game for redemption.

regards,

Heath Jury
Head Coach.

Reply #241621 | Report this post

angry  
Years ago

good on u heath. the voice of reason as always. what needs to happen will happen. go tiges!

Reply #241622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hats off to heath for accepting members of his club were wrong! i commend him for that! as for the barman, i think he shouldve asked the other person to leave, he was the one in the wrong!

Reply #241623 | Report this post

**fer**  
Years ago

so angry why didn't the umpire call the games commissioner aside away from the teams and supporters and voice his opinion desceatly and then to react the way he did to a passing comment was unprofessional

Reply #241624 | Report this post

angry  
Years ago

the comment wasnt made discreatly... why should the response?...

Reply #241625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cant believe people are trying to make the ump look bad, and the others get away with their actions. are u serious?

Reply #241626 | Report this post

angry  
Years ago

i second that whole heatedly!!

Reply #241627 | Report this post

**fer**  
Years ago

KNOCK KNOCK IS THERE ANYTHING IN THAT HEAD OF URS THE COMMENT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN MADE IF THE UMPIRE HAD ASK THE GAMES COMM TO SPEAK TO HIM OUTSIDE HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT HARD TO U N D E R S T A N D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #241628 | Report this post

angry  
Years ago

hmmm lets see... the umpire would not have reacted if the comment was not made in the first place. how bout that!! if u havent got anything nice to say... keep ur lips closed and dont make idiotic comments... i think thats the moral of the story here.

Reply #241629 | Report this post

moose79  
Years ago

It's no wonder that Southern is a laughing stock amongst SA basketball. On too many occasions their supporters, both senior and junior, show a complete lack of class.

Good on you Heath for accepting that something deserving of an apology has happened. As usual, you can hold your head high, being a class above some others down there.

Reply #241631 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:07 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754