skip
Years ago

Cheers to David Cooper

He has certainly had his knockers over the years, but I have always thought of him as a fairly solid performer who played his role very well.

I will miss your fantastic shot blocking, your 15 footer shot from the wing that went in more time than it didnt and the boys behind me giving you the shout out each time you scored.

So thanks David Cooper for your 6 years of service to the Adelaide 36ers. I wish you well for the future.

I'll buy you a Coopers next time I see ya at the Dome.

Topic #23002 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks mate I'll take you up on that Coopers Pale Ale. Cheers!!

Reply #277756 | Report this post

It's obvious  
Years ago

Skip,
Great thread
Great person
Great loyalty to the Sixers

Good luck Davis, wish you all the best

Reply #277757 | Report this post

It's obvious  
Years ago

David!

Reply #277758 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

You forgot 3 point shootouts Skip..

Good thread mate.

Reply #277762 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I would have thought he may have gotten a front office role?

Advertising would be something for him...

Good luck Coops..

Reply #277765 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

How could I forget him destroying Bizzy in a 3 point shoot out!!?? :-P

Reply #277766 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Yes im gonna miss yelling the good old Cooper-Loops after he smash's a Free throw, great player and a great bloke. Good Luck In your future endeavours big fella...

Reply #277769 | Report this post

dingo  
Years ago

why is he not at 6ers any more? europe?

Reply #277771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too old and past his day if you can't already tell by his haircut.

Reply #277773 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Good thread. Was a valuable asset to the club during his time.

Reply #277778 | Report this post

Soulman  
Years ago

Well done mate! Good service in-spite your knockers all the best. A crowd favorite in my opinion if only you could drain the bucket from the outside more reliable and maybe a couple of extra swats everyone would of admired instead off brushed of as desposable.I think we are headed in the right direction but building a new 36,ers team should be priority especially when you finish outside the top four two seasons in a row..

Reply #277781 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Good Luck in the future David, so long and thanks for all the fish!

Reply #277782 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

top work coops, i'll miss yellin 'coop-a-loop' with tru blue lol, watchin those midrange shots drop, or you swatting a shot away. Thanks for all your efforts

Reply #277783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dingo/thomas/joycefan.....just stop being a wanker and go away!

Reply #277788 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Has it been 6 years already? It doesn't seem that long ago that I watched him play for Cairns. Think it was Rupert's last season there as well. I also would have thought he could be used by the 36ers in a promotional type role.

Reply #277791 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Cooper was a fantastic player for the club, he stepped up and played hard when it was required due to injuries or others lacking in form. You dont have to be the best to be what is needed, really wish we could have seen him used properly last season!

Ive always loved watching him play and really hope the 36ers atleast acknowledge his contribution next season.

Reply #277793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you will be missed coops, a long serving 6er how did his role he was told to do,

Reply #277815 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Not going to get his singlet put up in the rafters, but nevertheless a real clubman and gentleman of the sport who never gave up.

Reply #277842 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Will be missed. This man made the opposition change their shots with his blocks.

Did what was needed when it was required more often than not. Thanks for all the quality efforts by a tireless performer.

Reply #277887 | Report this post

oberon83  
Years ago

It's a shame he wasn't interested in the Norwood Development Officer job - he would have been a fantastic asset. Would have been brilliant at getting the Norwood local comp up and running.

Reply #277893 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:00 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754