Isaac
Years ago

Perth vs Adelaide, Jan 29

Perth will be out for revenge yet again in this one.

Betting has been suspended on Centrebet for some reason but was at $1.20 for the Cats previously. Line was -8.5. Wonder what news/rumours they're evaluating or if there have been any big bets? Possibly a big bet on Adelaide at $4.55 (gutsy move though)?

Would be expecting a belting but only because of Perth's home crowd and our road woes. On paper though, the Cats are down three starting bigs (have replaced two) and we are only really missing Ng/Bruce - advantage should be in our favour and hopefully the team can play accordingly. Since last game, we've swapped Bruce for Carter (upgrade IMO) and Perth are down Redhage - that's a decent swing.

Any Adelaide fans cautiously optimistic about this one or been burnt too many times in the past by our performances on the road?

Topic #24831 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

12 straight road losses makes it hard to be even slightly optimistic.

Reply #305886 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Perth in Perth is almost a guaranteed loss.

Sixers need to shoot in the 50% range to get the W over there. Provided the Cats can't match that of course.

Despite loss of Redhage, expect Wildcats to win it comfortably. (Shame too). Wildcats by 12.

Reply #305889 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

We would have confidence that we have beaten them twice and they have no Redhage. If Clarke gives consistent minutes to Shannon, Howard, Ballinger and we get off to a good start and shoot well then we have a chance for a win.

If I was the bookies I would put the odds a bit closer then that.

Will this game be shown on TV?

Reply #305891 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

It's always tough in perth but I really feel that the comeback/game winner from Balls will lift our guys.

It could be a season defining moment if we can back it up with our first road win in god knows how long....I think we can steal it in a close one...again.

Although I may just be overly optimistic and no doubt I will be wrong like many of my other bold predictions this season!

Reply #305893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Majok to be released from Perth Wildcats , he has not showed up to traning the last 2 days and they are not happy . On Perth radio this morning.

Reply #305898 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Wildcats can kiss the season good bye! NZ will win the title no worries now!

Reply #305900 | Report this post

TL47  
Years ago

WE BELIEVE! C'mon Sixers!

Reply #305901 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Game will be over by the third quarter - we'll be 20 something down and rapidly capitulating.

Final difference likely to be 12 to 15 thanks to junk time.

Sad but true, I feel after 12 consecutive road failures.

(Cheers for the heads up re: Majok, Anon).

Reply #305902 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Wow, thats big news about Majok.

That could be enough to swing it in our favour. There are really going to need a big performance from Brown now you would think.

Reply #305905 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/basketball/8731070/straying-wildcat-read-the-riot-act/

Reply #305906 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

if new zealand breakers can win this year, which is looking pretty good!! will that be the first new zealand based team in any major sport to win an australian national competition eg: NBL, A league, Netball??, Rugby League (NRL)

if that is the case then that will be a big acheivement/news!!

Reply #305907 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

This might be a lot closer than people think.

* Redhage out - a number of people think he is a c*$%, but he is their leading scorer (18 ppg), and also gets 5.8 rpg, 1.7 apg. This should have an impact on their offence and he will be missed. Who will step up?
* Majok drama - Is he in/out? How much has this distracted Bevo from the game? What will the ripple effect be?
* Carter is back. Probably won't be a game winner, but he gives us a lot of defensive hustle which will help. Would love to see Robbins fouled out, or ejected.
* Balls is on a high. Balls seems to be a player who plays a lot better with confidence. I would suggest that after nailing a 3 to win a game, his confidence is 110%! When Balls plays well, Sixers play well.

Pressure is on both teams, but more so on Perth not to choke.

Reply #305914 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

So, I'm thinking that the longer we go without winning an away game, the more likely we are to win one, eventually.
That's why we might win this one.

Reply #305952 | Report this post

Soulman  
Years ago

A tough one but playing them back to back and with Redhage out and Majok drama, I really believe we can win this. Our defence will be only concern especially rebound tally and third qtr woe's. 6ers by three.

Reply #305970 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Majok was back at training this morning and Bevo said he has redeemed himself with a solid effort. Matter closed.

Reply #305975 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Matter closed"

Yeah, we've all heard that one before.

Reply #305978 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I was going to add "for now".

Reply #305979 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Cairns will be dependant on an Adelaide win. Perhaps we can borrower Loughton and Crosswhite for this game and do both teams a favour. If only things were that simple. Like Camel 31 said and I also posted it before, the longer you go without winning on the road, the closer you get to the one you are going to win. After 12 straight losses, its well and truly time to turn it around. I don't doubt it one bit that in plays on the minds of all the players.

Reply #305985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

deadset anon - you need to give it away champ.

majok to be released from the wildcats lol

you muppett.

Reply #305993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, 12 game road losing streak. Last road win?

December 2009 in Perth.

Reply #306008 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Strange how the team that's hit rock bottom on the road ,
won in Perth and Illawarra , last season.

Reply #306030 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

SportFM radio webcast link:
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/sportfm913

Reply #306041 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Pretty disapointed this one isnt on TV, especially when you see the line up on ONE HD for tonight..I didnt know repeats of Iron Man was better than a live game, but owell.

Sixers to win by 12 and begin their rise to 9 straight wins on the road....

Reply #306042 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

At almost 8.30pm , I can follow the Liz Cambage spectacular , while waiting for this to start, eventually.

Reply #306044 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Watch the foul count over in that place. Reminds me of being in NZ and seeing what that mob get from the refs.

Reply #306046 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Hehe Squid..I did notice on live stats it said 3 fouls to 0 in the first 2 mins of the game..seems to be a good start Perth are shooting horribly. Ron Howard has once again jumped out of the blocks, hopefully Marty doesnt stop him continuing this game.

Reply #306047 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Clarke seems eager to sub , in the first qtr ?

Reply #306049 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hey Dunkin Dan
Thanks for the link, good callers too!

Reply #306050 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Racking up some turnovers. 8 already.

Still, we have the superior team on paper and really should get this one. Hope I wasn't the only one to grab Adelaide at $3.50 or whatever they were paying.

Reply #306052 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I dont get Clarks coaching at all sometimes. Ballingers seen 5 mins sofar, Hill leading minutes with 11. Howard has 6...
Howards on 7 points with 1 TO
Ballinger yet to score, 2 TO's 1 Block
Hill 2 points, 2 steals, 1 TO

Just doesnt make sense to me that out leading player, and leading scorer are sitting down.

And no this isnt me picking on Hill, he has the most minutes so far, and his stats arent exactly impressive sofar.

Reply #306054 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ballinger had two fouls in the first quarter (and two turnovers). When someone's not getting minutes, first rule of live-stats-fandom is: check their foul count.

Hill is (at the time of me writing this) leading the team or equal team leader in rebounding, assists and steals. Not awful.

Reply #306055 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Radio's not working for me. Damn.

Reply #306056 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Holmes 8 points already..second decent shooting game from him in 3 weeks, bit of a turn around and good to see him making himself more than just defensive.

Reply #306057 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Skud I think it was because Ballinger had 2 fouls early.

So far so good

Reply #306058 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Holmes with 8 points in the first half so far thats amazing!! Did he just double his season total? :P When he is producing you know we have a good chance to win

Reply #306059 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"Radio's not working for me. Damn."

The game was going better before I got it working lol..maybe not a bad thing its not working for you!!

Reply #306060 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

A lead is a lead. Said the same thing last week, considering who and where we are playing i will take that. Need to build on it though and hang tough.

Reply #306061 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Three point lead. 36ers are +10 while Hill has been on court which is probably why he's played 14:02 in the first half.

Reply #306062 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Sorry Isaac but the whole 10+ thing has proven to be a pretty unstable measure to me, considering he has been on the court for 13 minutes of the game, you would expect them to have a plus number. But if he isnt doing anything at all on the court, the 10+ will not show that one bit.

Reply #306064 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Skud, you're right, it's not always reliable, but generally for players who play the whole game, it's pretty accurate measuring the overall contribution of that player, particularly when other stats don't show up. In this case though, Hill's stats are looking reasonable for the half.

The one thing I have been impressed about Hill this year is his increase in deflections and steals. He still does get lost on screens too often, but much better overall IMO.

Reply #306065 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Yeah the +/- thing isnt my favourite thing either, so many variables. Balls is on fire, great to see he can prduce for us night in night out....

Reply #306066 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

This is pretty annoying with Ballinger, if he was having an Average game we would be a few more points ahead, just disapointing some others are playing well and he is shooting badly. Owell after last week maybe hes waiting till the last quarter

Reply #306067 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Does it look like Shannon is injured for the rest of the game?

The commentators made mention of him rolling around on the floor after he made that layup.

Commentators are great, however just need to let them know that Ballinger isn't an import!? ;P

Lots of turnovers for both teams. Might be our undoing?

Reply #306068 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hill 4pts 5rbs 3ast 2stl 1blk 1to @50% with the aforementioned -/+ stat.

He deserves all 20 of the minutes he's had so far.

Jake Holmes killing it.

Reply #306070 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Happy birthday Eddie :(

Carter needs to step up. I know he's half injured but we need him now...

Reply #306071 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

The turn overs arent helping Cavalo..neither is the 3/18 3 point shots..we need to learn when they just arent dropping!

Reply #306072 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Daly playing some important minutes here and it looks like he's doing alright.

Reply #306073 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Carters a bit rusty..06 Fg's which 0/5 are three point shots..

Really need to use some common sense to win this game.

Reply #306074 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skud, as a one-off sure, but more often than not when I've checked, Hill's been ahead of the base result.

For someone who's played the majority of a game, you'd expect their +/- to be close to the actual margin, not necessarily just positive. +10 with a three point lead as I said.

Over the course of multiple games, I'd put more stock in +/- than individual stats. No point in averaging a lot of points if the other team is outscoring you while you're doing it, right?

Reply #306075 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Really young lineup on the floor to finish of the 3rd and are holding their own OK: Daly, Carter, Creek, Holmes and Johnson.

Reply #306076 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hope Shannon isn't done for the game. Two guards in foul trouble. Our main backup point guard is 0/6 and has three turnovers. Very much a winnable game if we can keep things under control.

Reply #306078 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

So does anyone think Adelaide can win this game with Ballinger putting up 2 points on 0/5 shooting? That is not good enough, especially against a Perth team with no decent bigs to defend him tonight....ive had enough of his missing in action stuff.

Reply #306079 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"No point in averaging a lot of points if the other team is outscoring you while you're doing it, right?"

Once again could be a wholly team affected stat. Looking at Hills PPG, shot %, turnovers then I think he is lucky he is usually on the court with the starting 5, who would massively buffer his +/- stats. Thats why I dont believe in them, they are way to affected by others on court performances. If you were on the court for Ballingers 3rd quarter last week your +/- would look amazing, but you could have done nothing.
Its annoying that this conversation involves hill, since people will think im being biased. Hills not having a bad game tonight, so clearly Im not picking on him, and his minutes have evened out to others now anyway.

Reply #306081 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Howard's out.

Reply #306082 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

You make good points Skud, however with constant rotations (particularly with Marty Clark!!), then the starting 5 boost you refer to doesn't always hold.

Looks like the Cats' full court trap is causing us some bad turnovers.

Reply #306083 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why would the starting five massive pad his stats? The main players play the bulk of the game and we're in the middle of a losing season.

In the game I calculated the other week, we lost by 14 and Hill was +5 or whatever. The other starters were -17, -11, 0 and +1. Wouldn't the -17 and -11 benefit from having stats padded by being on with other starters? Ballinger's dream run that game was one game. I'm not talking about +/- for just a single game to judge a player properly, but over the course of a season.

In this case, I just used his +/- to respond to your query as to why he was playing the most minutes: because he was helping the team get ahead!

You'd also queried Ballinger's lack of minutes without seeing that he'd been subbed out due to foul trouble.

Reply #306084 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Lead gone.

Reply #306085 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Starting to fall appart here, few crucial foul calls I would love to hear from someone thats watching the game on them.
DJ needs to really strenghten his rebounding, he has scored well tonight and with some strong rebounding skills could become the centre we need!

Reply #306086 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

So no one wants to bite at Ballinger lack of accountability offensively tonight??

Reply #306087 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

39 turnovers total so far in this game.

Reply #306088 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"You'd also queried Ballinger's lack of minutes without seeing that he'd been subbed out due to foul trouble."

No I just dont consider 2 fouls to be foul trouble.

Reply #306089 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"So no one wants to bite at Ballinger lack of accountability offensively tonight?? "

He's shooting poorly no doubt Fizzle, as I said earlier if he was shooting averagely we would be winning this quiet easily..ofcourse as I write this he's added 4 points, but still a shocker of an offensive game from him no doubt.

Reply #306090 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"No I just dont consider 2 fouls to be foul trouble."

2 fouls in the first 5 minutes. You sub him out.

Reply #306091 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Small run now to draw level.

Reply #306092 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

First field goal from a 'star' in the last 5minutes of the game, just isnt good enough.

Reply #306093 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Majok injured or just not being used?

Daly in at crunch time. Giving Carter a rest?

Reply #306094 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Scores tied. I'd give a nut for this to be on TV. Not the left one though. Everyone gives the left one.

Come on Sixers!!!

Reply #306095 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Rebounding is killing us!!! Lack of, of course - they've almost had more offensive rebounds than our total rebounds! =(

I can't count the amount of times we've forced a tough shot from them and they've got an OB and then put back =(

Reply #306096 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Commentators just said, 22 second chance shots to perth, 4 to adelaide..OUCH

Rebounds have really killed us, 74 to 52 shots.

Reply #306097 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Losing the boards 43-28. Everyone talks about needing a centre. Perth barely have one. Just comes down to lack of hustle/effort.

25-8 on the offensive boards. They just had three offensive boards in a row.

Reply #306098 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Signing a Centre still wouldnt have hurt though...

Reply #306099 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

What Isaac said^^

Brad Hill going to the line to put us back up.

Now lets not do what Gordie McLeod did last night...

Reply #306100 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah that 2nd chance stat is huge. have the lead now, just hold on guys.

Reply #306101 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah that 2nd chance stat is huge. have the lead now, just hold on guys.

Reply #306102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come On Sixers!!!

Reply #306103 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

BALLS!!!!!!!!!

Reply #306104 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Depends if the centre was a tough rebounder or not Fizzle.

Reply #306105 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

One solid defensive stance and could get the win....

Reply #306106 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

20 less shots for the 6ers but up by 1!!!

Reply #306107 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

C'mon Jake. Let's start putting this out of reach.

2/2 FT. Up by three. Don't let it go now! 3-0 against Perth would be very nice.

Reply #306108 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

TURNOVER!!!!!!!!!!!

This is ours!!!!

Reply #306109 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

go holmes

Reply #306110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol @ score.

lol NBL.

Reply #306111 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Ahh god Holmes with the 2 freethrows, epic game to have on TV :(

Reply #306112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Done Holmes!!!!

Reply #306113 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

JAKE YOU FREAKIN STAR!

Reply #306114 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

if you guys (6ers) kudos to you!!! a deserved win- the cats are in struggle town shooting wise and who knows whatll happen!

Reply #306115 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Most Centres at NBL level can grab a rebound. Got to sign one to have a genuine shot at title, in general. Jacob hits clutch F/T's wow what a bizarre night of hoops!

Reply #306116 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

if you guys (6ers) kudos to you!!! a deserved win- the cats are in struggle town shooting wise and who knows whatll happen!

Reply #306117 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

balls makes these we are home, would be massive win.

Reply #306118 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

shoulda read- "if you guys win"

Reply #306119 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

though- i think its more the players than marty clarke!!!

Reply #306120 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Balls 0/2. Uh oh. Hill fouls and is out of the game.

Reply #306121 | Report this post

Brown  
Years ago

geez cmon balls...

Reply #306122 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

ahhhhh

Reply #306123 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Most Centres at NBL level can grab a rebound. Got to sign one to have a genuine shot at title, in general."

Are the Breakers not genuine title contenders? Their only legit C is the backup who plays 10-15 minutes!

Come on 6ers!

Reply #306124 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yes!

Reply #306125 | Report this post

Brown  
Years ago

YAY

Reply #306126 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

ballinger misses 2 free throws and you guys still get up- gutsy!!!

Reply #306127 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Martin has just got 2 right? He'll miss the 2nd...

Reply #306128 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Who would have imagined a game with Holmes leading scorer. Then hitting 2 free throws to put us 3 points up, followed by Ballinger MISSING 2 freethrows to win the game..OMFG

YAAAAAAY First away win in waaaaay to long. Well done to the boys for the last quarter without Howard and Shannon

Reply #306129 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Jake was massive tonight. That was a great win.

Reply #306130 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Back to back 1 point wins over 'cats IF YOU DONT MIND! haha baskteball is a crazy sport sometimes!

Reply #306131 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Martin made the second!!!! Yeeeeahhhhh!!!

Gutsy win 36ers!!!!

Reply #306132 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

why martin didnt miss the second is beyond me

Reply #306133 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Link to listen / follow please guys?

Reply #306134 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Found it in the thread - cheers.

Reply #306135 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

X Pledger is 7'3 and he has had some very good games for the Breakers this season. Wilkinson is massive too, they have genuine height, im not buying that the Breakers are short or something... Even the short Cats last season had Schenscher...

Reply #306136 | Report this post

TL47  
Years ago

YOU BLOODY BEAUTY!

Reply #306137 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

66 Sixers 65 Wildcats! WOOO!

Reply #306138 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Great win without imports at the end. Now one game behind Wollongong. Hopefully Shannon isn't injured badly?

Nearly all of my NBL bets are on what I don't want to happen. e.g., I bet against the 36ers and if they lose, at least I win something. If they win, I'm happy to give up the money. It's a petty jinxing superstition. I do it a lot with the Hawks as well.

Tonight was the first time I thought, surely the 36ers can get this and break that road duck and so I bet on them. Phew!

Reply #306139 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

this is crap! My tips this week are fu*ked! Dont mind being wrong in this instance but damn

Reply #306140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anybody know what happaned to shannon?

Reply #306141 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Thanks to Dunkin Dan for the radio link as well, much better than just waiting for NBL live stats!!

Reply #306142 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

NEVER been so happy to be wrong! Gutsy win! The streak has ENDED!

Reply #306143 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

On the road win wow Great effort with all sharing scoring .
Whats with Shannon and Howards injuries.
Lot of things things went wrong but got up against a good team

Reply #306145 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Thank God its over. That game seemed one quarter too long. No heroic performance from Ballinger this time missing 2 free throws with 12 seconds left in the game. Good thing Holmes stepped up to stop the rot on the road. Hopefully this game is the one that sees a total turnaround to the poor road performances.

Reply #306146 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Enjoying some Daft Punk in that radio link, nice after a nice win.

Reply #306147 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Just putting it out there,

Playoffs...

Reply #306149 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Dont jinx it XztatiK!!
These 2 wins can hopefully really lift the guys, two close gutsy wins and throwing the away games monkey of our back. Who knows what the guys can put together. I really hope Holmes can continue to get 10+ a game, will really help our chances.

Reply #306150 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"X Pledger is 7'3 and he has had some very good games for the Breakers this season. Wilkinson is massive too, they have genuine height, im not buying that the Breakers are short or something... Even the short Cats last season had Schenscher..."

And we have Johnson, who is a legitimate centre even if he isn't as good a rebounder as Pledger (I thought "all Cs at NBL level could grab a board"?).
Wilkinson is no more a C than Ballinger.

If they're not short then neither are we.

Reply #306152 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Any info on the injuries?

Reply #306155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damm it feels good to beat Perth...................by one point................again!

Haha

Suck it Perth!

Especially sucked in to the situation, hope u watched ur team fail from the front row!

Reply #306156 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Good to be happy with the win Anon...but why the crap talk? You are embarrassing yourself.

Reply #306157 | Report this post

Loco2  
Years ago

would you guess eddie shannon was really blind in one eye he plays like the spudwebb of the NBL

Reply #306158 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Spinner, you are so funny, how can Anon be embarrasing himself? Who knows who Anon is?

Reply #306159 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

No, the last game I saw from the front row was our GF win last year. Did you watch that?

Reply #306160 | Report this post

Cuban  
Years ago

It will be a while til you see a gf again too.

Reply #306161 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

EC - yeh, I should have thought a bit more about that!!!!

Reply #306162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You won't be repeating hahaha

Reply #306163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better make sure you taped that game situation,

Won't be seeing one of them again soon!

Reply #306164 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure we're closer to another grand final than your mob. But be happy you beat a team without their best player two weeks in a row, if that's all you play for now.

Reply #306165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excuses from the deepest team in the league?

Poor form situation, you just got plain beaten.
By a better team on the night, two weeks in a row.

Or are u only playing for sympathy now???

Reply #306166 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I know we got beaten, but considering the injuries we have, I really don't care. Why are you so thrilled to beat a depleted team?

Reply #306167 | Report this post

Cuban  
Years ago

Your missing 3 players we are missing 2 and beat you. Last week we were missing 3 and you were missing 2 and we beat you.
Tonight we were running our tenth man in the clutch and beat you.
Oh and we have beat you the last 2/3 games on your floor.

Reply #306168 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

So the number of players missing is important, not the talent levels of those players?

Reply #306169 | Report this post

Cuban  
Years ago

We beat you last year on your own court and have done it agin this year too. You said your squad was depleted but maybe did not realize so is ours.

Reply #306171 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

So Redhage, Knight and Wagstaff equals Ng, Herbert and Carter?

Reply #306172 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

All I am saying is I'm unsure why the fans of a team that is sitting in 6th, three games out of the top 4, can't win on the road unless it's against a team missing their best player, and haven't been in the playoffs for a few years, are trying to talk trash to anyone.

Reply #306173 | Report this post

Brown  
Years ago

Lol redhage scored all of 3 points in one half when he played in adelaide, your coach was to blame for that loss, with majok's influence over the game it's rediculous he's not getting more court time.

Reply #306174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sore looser.

Get over it you big sook!

Reply #306175 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

FFS Situation, at the risk of getting into another 3-day argument with a mentally disabled monkey:

Are you kidding? Seriously, you used Redhage's injury as an excuse last week, when he didn't injure himself until half-way through the fourth (that's right, he was just playing like shit and giving away stupid fouls up until that point).

Now this week we beat you without our 2nd best player and starting point guard. Plus Ron Howard goes down after 20mins for a team already missing Aaron Bruce/Darren Ng and with Carter in his first game back, and you're still using the injury excuse?!

Grow some balls and admit you lost to a better team.

Reply #306176 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Well played by the 6ers tonight. Having Carter back proved to be extremely valuable, as the Cats' backcourt pressure wasn't as effective as it usually is. You guys do a much better job than most teams of dealing with it, and also of punishing our trap when it breaks down. I was surprised when Ballinger had so few points fairly late into the game, but he was still working hard out there, and proved to be clutch down the stretch.
For us, well, the absence of Redhage was obvious for all to see. Our offence has gone to absolute crap. It's going to be a very tough month ahead for this Cats team ... our famous depth has now been pushed one player past its limit.

Horrible conditions out there on the court with a humidity that must have been in the 90% range, the ball needing to be changed every few minutes, the towel kids working overtime, and still players were slipping all over the place.
I hope none of those injuries turn out to be more than minor.

The amazing competitiveness between the Cats & 6ers continues, but this season you've got our measure. I can't quite put my finger on why but the matchups just work very well for Adelaide in this series.

Reply #306177 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

FFS Xtatik, can you read? I've already acknowledged we were beaten. I've already said I don't care. I'm just putting some things in perspective for the dicks who think this victory is winning a title.

If you want to pretend to think that your injury woes are comparable to missing Redhage, Knight and Wagstaff, go right ahead. Tell me why and we'll discuss it. Or is popping off a few angry swear words just your thing?

Reply #306178 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Facebook update from Eddie Shannon:

Eddie Shannon
Thanks for all the birthday love! Much appreciated! I got my gift, we got a 1 point win on the road. Unfortunately, I couldn't finish the game because of a foot injury. But my teammates came thru. Gotta get back to 100% asap.

Reply #306179 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Wow.

I'm not talking about acknowledging the loss. We know you lost, it's on the NBL site. I'm talking about acknowledging you lost to the better team without whinging away with these pathetic excuses.
Clearly you do care or you wouldn't be on here. Oh but you just enjoy being a troll and baiting people into petty arguments don't you. Sorry I bit.

And yes, Shannon, Howard (for half a game) and Bruce/Ng is comparable, if not equivalent to Sean Redhage. You can't count Knight and Wagstaff when they have been replaced by Brown and Majok, just like I'm not counting Herbert (Creek).
We were playing Tom Daly in crunch time FFS.

Just stop now, it's pathetic.

Reply #306180 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Um, read the thread. The only reason I'm here is because some douche called me in to it. I replied. I don't think that's trolling, that's called responding, and as I said, I'm putting it in to perspective. You say I can't acknowledge the better team won, I'm saying that I wouldn't be getting so excited about being the "better" team. Understand?

Reply #306181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't say Perth lost to the better team, they just lost to the less shitty team.

Reply #306182 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

anon called you up and told you he dropped your name in his post?

"No, the last game I saw from the front row was our GF win last year. Did you watch that?"

That's called trolling.

"I'm pretty sure we're closer to another grand final than your mob. But be happy you beat a team without their best player two weeks in a row, if that's all you play for now."

That's called trolling with some whinging on the side.

"I know we got beaten, but considering the injuries we have, I really don't care. Why are you so thrilled to beat a depleted team?"

That's called bullshit.

"All I am saying is I'm unsure why the fans of a team that is sitting in 6th, three games out of the top 4, can't win on the road unless it's against a team missing their best player, and haven't been in the playoffs for a few years, are trying to talk trash to anyone"

Aaand some more whinging and trolling for good measure.

I'm very excited about the win, because I rate Perth and their depth even without Redhage and I know how tough it is to win over there. Doing it without Shannon and others makes it an extremely admirable win and an important one in the scheme of things. I guess the next move for you would be to convince me how bad the Wildcats are...

Alternatively, go away?

Reply #306183 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Are you for real? A guy starts with the "suck shit lol" business and I'm the one who has to respond in a dignified manner? Call it trolling all you want but all I am doing is putting it in perspective. I've been entirely consistent in doing that.

You'll notice I wasn't interested in raining on anyone's parade until I was mentioned. I was following the thread, minding my own business, saying nothing, until I was singled out. Is that ok with you, or are you trying to get rid of me because you severely embarrassed yourself last week with your putrid attitude?

Reply #306184 | Report this post

Red  
Years ago

I was at the game, not the best game to watch, very scrapy, lots of turnovers, refs were terrible, great win by 36ers @ the jungle to back up last weeks win.
Clarke & Radford were nearly doing cart wheels on the court.
Bevo was not happy after the game.
Majok dosnt look part of the team, he will be gone very soon.

Reply #306185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide fans just mad they live in Adelaide?
Cant even take a win without complaining.

It was a bad game by both teams. If the wildcats could have shot the ball half decent they would have won but once again it let them down.

Reply #306186 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

dunkin dan- the 6ers are shocking with dealing with the pressure- remember the 107-69 loss last season- turned the ball over heaps.

lets be honest, the cats shot poorly and thats the ONLY REASON they lost it, the 6ers played well and capitalised on the opportunity.

Reply #306187 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

The Cats shot poorly because a) the 36ers did a great job of denying us any hint of breathing space in our normal sets, and b) because the loss of Redhage threw our offence out of kilter. I thought Adelaide did a great job of staying in front of us even after switching, and we just could not buy half a metre of space all night. Daring guys like Robbo, Martin & Tovey to shoot from range is just smart policy. When Lisch & Williamson got it there was a defender in their shorts.
Marty, no doubt helped a heck of a lot by Radford, scouted us beautifully.

Forget the big loss last season, I am not reporting on last season. Tonight they dealt with the pressure well, stayed composed, and high screen & rolled the hell out of us.

Reply #306188 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Dear Sixers

great win last night in a tough enviroment against a solid team regardless of injuries (how many other teams are going through the same thing this season, Blaze , Hawks ect).
Cheers ;)

Breakers Fans

Reply #306189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

beveridge is an overated hack.

Reply #306191 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Cool story Anon

Reply #306193 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Great win sixes. Good to get the road jinx broken. As for playoffs, as mentioned above, we have to win 3 more games than Townsville, 4 more than Cairns or Perth, or 6 more than New Zealand. We have 10 games left, most on the road. Given last night's rebounding and plethora of turnovers, the best chance would be to displace Perth. If we're missing Shannon for more than a week of games, no chance.

Now sixers - prove me wrong!

Reply #306194 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"at the risk of getting into another 3-day argument with a mentally disabled monkey"

LOL. Isaac, That deserves a little basketball

Reply #306196 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No it doesn't. Xztatik deserves a timeout and The Situation needs to stop being baited so easily. Just derails thread after thread with such boring disputes.

D'Dan, thanks for the field report. Always a bit hard to guess at exactly what's happening from radio and live stats.

Interesting that we got belted so badly on the boards, didn't exactly shoot well from outside, lost Shannon to injury, had Carter taking a while to find his feet and a quiet start from Ballinger, yet still scraped home.

Radford might have something to do with it because 3-0 against a strong team is quality by our occasionally flaky standards.

Next up on the road are Sydney and Gold Coast. Don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but they're winnable games.

Reply #306198 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Big win by the boys.

This could be the start of a downward spril for the Cats. Mentally this would have killed them and the reported loss of Majok will hurt if true.

I am unsure of Perth's run home and how many they have at home but based on last nights effort may struggle to make play offs

Reply #306200 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Isaac, yes you're right. I shouldn't have responded to the initial anon comment. I apologise for derailing the thread.

Reply #306201 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The Situation

But be happy you beat a team without their best player two weeks in a row
not sure if you mean Redhage and the last 2 games against Adelaide, but in last week's game he was injured half way through the last quarter. At the point he had scored 8 points and had 3 fouls. Not a great effort from your best player. Certainly does not qualify as having missed that game.

Reply #306202 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

correction "at that point"

Reply #306203 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Yep, with Sav possibly returning next weekend for the Hawks we are suddenly looking very vulnerable. (especially since we play the Hawks in a couple of weeks the night after a Kings game, which virtually guarantees a loss to them)

Our schedule has been pretty friendly in recent weeks, but the next 5 are tougher:
- Taipans (Away) - probably loss
- Blaze (Home, but < 2 days later) - a must-win
- Kings (Away) - a must-win
- Hawks (Away, next night) - probable loss
- NZ (Away) - probable loss

Reply #306204 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

EC, sorry I thought I cleared that up in another post. Redhage sat for almost all the first half with foul trouble (lets not debate whether he did or didnt deserve them). He started to find his form in the second half, hit some shots in the 4th and the Cats were up by 10. He goes down with his injury, Cats lose the lead and the game.

I'm not using it as an excuse for the loss, my original comment was in regards to those hollering about beating a team that was "missing" three of its best 6/7 players.

Reply #306207 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

The Situation: So by that reasoning no one should be happy about any wins against the Blaze or any recent victories against the Hawks?

Reply #306210 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I didn't take anything out of our recent 34 point win against the Hawks. You'll obviously take the win but I'd be happier to beat them at full strength. Im not going to say "suck shit lol" to Hawks fans either.

Reply #306211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Situation.

Xzatik is just owning you with superior logic and common sense.

You can barely put together an argument and when you do your only leg to stand on is the old " we lost our best player, we would have won" speech, it's pathetic, get over it mate.

I have a lot of respect for cats fans and every other team for that matter. I applauded redhages courage when he was carried off court, he is a fantastic player and I would never laugh about something that serious( although others may say karmas a bitch), but I prefer to always wish well, and hopefully it comes back well.

But you have lost any credibility in my eyes!

"So I'll finish this with a Fuck you, and have a nice day"

-eminem.

Reply #306214 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"we lost our best player, we would have won"

Please point out where I have said that. I'm not going to repeat my stance AGAIN but as you have missed the point I am making then I don't think you should be talking about superior logic and common sense, or whether I can barely put together an argument. Perhaps if people responded to what I said, rather than what they wish I said, then you would feel the need to tell me to fuck off.

Reply #306217 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

The wildcats are in effect only missing one of their 10 in redhage as Wagstaff and Knight have been replaced by Brown and Majok.

Same as we are only really missing Bruce as the others have been replaced ala Herbert with Creek and Ng with Bruce.

So both teams are only really missing 1 player each, yes Redhage is better than Bruce, so the 36ers had an advantage there, but in last nights game with Shannon barely playing and missing Bruce, we had to use Carter and Daly who is really our 11th man on our roster down the stretch against the wildcats quality guards, so to win like that is impressive IMO, shows great coaching from Clarke/Radford and putting faith in young guys like Carter and Daly will only help there development. Its great to see another young SA guy in Daly get his chance to play.

So great effort 36ers, if we can win the rest of our home games and beat sydney twice on the road, which is do able IMO the playoffs may be a chance. Next game in Sydney is crucial IMO. Especially considering the wildcats wont be as good without Redhage.

My current tip is a NZ/Cairns grand final with Daniel Dillon being the find of the year, i thought it was weird he wasn't in the NBL after HSH and was glad to see him get a chance and prove himself. I'm a huge fan and wanted the 36ers to sign him after HSH.

Reply #306218 | Report this post

T-Mac  
Years ago

Now I have faith in Bevo, but there are many questionable decisions from this game. These are not made in hindsight because we lost, I was yelling from the stands while this was taking place!
1. Down by 5 second quarter, Greg Hire enters the game??? I know we have a short rotation now, but we didn't use any 1st half timeouts to rest players & come on the quarters only 10min now.
2. Majok plays 6 solid 2qtr mins, then doesn't play the rest of the game??? The guy is a proven defensive game winner (re: Gold Coast) and with the amount of layups they were getting we could of used his intimidation factor.
3. Why wasn't Damo instructed to miss the final free throw of the game to give us a chance to rebound and win??? There was only 3sec left and we had no timeouts to advance the ball anyway had we got tie to foul.

Adelaide played average last night - Perth played worse. Weigh the only shining light, good to see he got best on court for the cats.

Reply #306219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

strange game t-mac.

why was betting suspended again?
perth lose by 1 at home, majok plays 6 minutes?
that sounds a bit fishy.

Reply #306221 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Tell us what you think, anon. You think the suspended betting means what, exactly?

Reply #306222 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Betting was suspended as they were just seeing what was happening with Majok. It went from $4+ down to about $3.50

Reply #306223 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

X and situation should not be able to post on positive topics like 6er wins....both become so petty. And anon talking about credibility, what about x with his happy stance in redhage getting injured? Both guys are annoying and I sift through the spam to get true opinions, it's annoying to have to do!

Reply #306227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no idea what it means.im not a punter.
i was asking why it was suspended.

if majok isnt good enough to get more than 6 minutes then i doubt bookies are dumb enough to suspend beting based on what happens with him..is a guy averaging 10 miutes going to change the game?hes not even good enough to get 6 minutes apparently.

i think it was suspended for other reasons than majok.

Reply #306232 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Probably suspended due to some large bets put on the Sixers in market (NBL) that wouldnt usually attract large bets.

Punters would have been riding the Sixers for a few weeks now looking for them to eventual snap that away losing streak and this presented a good value bet at over $4 closing into around $3.50

Reply #306234 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

*sigh*.

Isaac, can you put a filter on forum threads that detects constant bagging and whining and just removes posts after the first 2-3?

There's about 2/3rds content and 1/3 inane dribble in alot of these recent posts.

Reply #306244 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Fizzle, that's ironic considering your post is one of the most off-topic on here.

At least I was talking about the game in each of my posts, being as "positive" as anyone on here and trying to defend against someone trying to dampen the win.

You could have responded to a good discussion about the 36ers' size in comparison to the Breakers ("true opinions") and yet you choose to talk about how annoying we are instead.

Nevertheless I can see how any debate with The Situation has the capacity to turn petty and detract from the thread so I will try not to respond to his crap in the future, not that I was the one who initiated the argument in this case.

Reply #306247 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"Nevertheless I can see how any debate with The Situation has the capacity to turn petty and detract from the thread so I will try not to respond to his crap in the future, not that I was the one who initiated the argument in this case."

That is just a gutless cop out. I said nothing to you at all, was responding to other people calling me out, but you decided to jump in and (again) misintepret what I had said. Anyone with half a brain can re-read the thread and see you initiated this - I'm astounded that you would try and say otherwise.

Reply #306252 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Dude I went to Last night and besides I don't agree with u...wilkinson is a stronger inside player than any big we have. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. U lost me after ur redhage injury stuff. I don't respect anything u say anymore...

Reply #306257 | Report this post

dave-blocknorth  
Years ago

What a great win! Shame I didnt find out the scores til 4am when the net became free!!!

At this late stage of the year, I am more happy with a win than worrying about petty crap like 'you wont be playing finals and we will be'.

Bottom line, we bet Perth again and thats the ball game. Any club who wins a title the year before, goes under close crutiny of all the other clubs. Regardless of injuries, second units are asked to step up to the plate and those that do, do well for themselves and the club.

Seems like with Perth slipping away from pole position, NZ will host the GF's with home court advantage and Perth will be left to rubble.

Works for me! :)

Reply #306270 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Dude I went to Last night and besides I don't agree with u...wilkinson is a stronger inside player than any big we have. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. U lost me after ur redhage injury stuff. I don't respect anything u say anymore..."

Good for you then. That's sufficient reason to abandon any discussion with me as soon as your point is proven wrong then.

Wilkinson is 1cm shorter than Adam Ballinger and the exact same weight (only more fat and less muscle), if he is a stronger inside player than anyone we have (debatable) then it is because of superior hustle and effort, just like Isaac originally said. It is not height that's the problem on the boards, it is effort. And a team with the same physical makeup as ours, New Zealand, is quite clearly capable of being a title contender.

Reply #306272 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

You literally 'win' these discussions because people cant be stuffed going back and forth with you! Wilkinson is definitely more of a bruiser type than Ballinger, doesnt mean he hustles more, just more of an inside presence IMO. Say what you want from that, ive finished with this.

Reply #306279 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Of course you are.

Reply #306282 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I agree with Xztatiks point that NZ's starting 5 is no bigger than the Sixers yet have no problem rebounding, and it does just come down to effort. Guys like Vukona and Abercrombie want the ball and go after it, as do Wilkinson and Pledger.

Reply #306318 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

On the suspended bettting, my guess remains as I originally said:

Wonder what news/rumours they're evaluating or if there have been any big bets? Possibly a big bet on Adelaide at $4.55 (gutsy move though)?
Even at $3.50 and after 12 straight road losses, that was a fairly easy choice.

Same with the Kings to beat the Hawks after losing 14 straight.

Reply #306323 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

I had the pleasure of being at the game on Saturday night and all I can say is wow.

An awesome game from the Sixers. I never had any idea what the Wildcat crowd was like until I saw it first hand. Incredible, it felt like a Grand Final. A few things from the game day experience that differs to what we have at the dome.

1) Do not complain about catering at the Dome!
At Challenge Stadium, it was almost non-existent. Self serve post mix that had run out before the game began, no ice unless you asked, food outside in marquee tents that cost a mint. The Dome wins this hands down in terms of variety, accessibility, quality, cost and ease of access.

2) Entertainment
Im talking other than the game. The introductions were great, the dancers were fantastic (choreography eye catching). There was a RC blimp for adverstising, 3 different mascots, and the MC knows how to get the crowd involved. He was great for Perth. They probably have more budget for game night activities, and I think it makes a real difference to the basketball experience.

3) Supporters
The Perth supporters get involved, always positive, clapping and cheering, hardly leaving their seats. If I was a player, thats where I would want to play. They respond to the MC, standing for 2-4 minutes at a time, clapping non-stop for their team. It made me realise that Adelaide supporters expect a lot from their team, and dont give that type of support until theres a Championship at stake. We need to get up and be more vocal for our team more often IMO.

In terms of the game, a few observations. Carter played a solid game given his time off for injury and having to play a lot more minutes than expected. Made a few pass turnovers, didnt shoot very well, but his effort on D was crucial. Thought Shannan was playing great until his injury (and I thought we couldnt win without him). Daly's efforts also should be noted, he executed well, wasnt overawed by the situation (I was as a supporter!) and came through pretty well in the clutch.

Howard started well but got pulled early for some coaching advice, and then wasnt on for crunch time. DJ struggled, and seemed to have a courtside spat with Clarke, and got pulled the next possession. JD didnt play much and struggled while he was on in offense.

Ballinger was fantastic in the last, blocks, jumpers, rebounds. Played a solid game against Brown. Holmes was great, hit a few shots and rebounded and hustled hard. Was a steadying force on the floor when sets started to fizzle.

Hill played a great game as well. I do think he is improving with his defence and decision making. Attacked the rim well, got some boards and deflections. Real solid game.

Overall we got killed on the Defensive glass. If Perth were going to win it would be from O boards and putbacks/2nd chance points. This would be the biggest concern moving forward for the team IMO, but the rest seems ok. Reasonable defence, we looked great when we got stops and boards and ran. Offense seems to be just enough at the moment, Carter is great for getting the ball through hands, which is what needs to happen.

Looking forward to the Sixers displaying the same type of effort and fight the rest of the season.

Reply #306324 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thanks Hustle - excellent run-down.

What is the story with Howard being pulled, does anyone know? Thought he must have been injured but there are a lot of Chinese Whispers around.

Anyone in the know?

Reply #306325 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agreed hustle - thanks for writing that up. Have to agree on the Perth crowd especially. The Adelaide crowd won't budge until the team shows them something worth supporting - it's a bit of a stalemate.

I went to the United game on Saturday (second United game I've been to, and first in a few years) and it was pretty similar there. United were pretty average for a lot of the game and the crowd were a bit stagnant until they made a late charge.

Howard was out in crunch time because he'd fouled out. Foul trouble may have also limited his minutes at some points earlier.

I think Daly's contribution in this game answered those questioning why he was getting minutes previously. Not just to cover for Bruce and Shannon being unavailable at the same time, but because teams are running more guards and mobile bigs to break get the ball up against tough defensive guards.

Reply #306327 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

I think Howard wasnt played because he seemed to still struggle with court positioning. Not privvy on the exact places etc, but I could see that the group were a little out of sync while he was on, and everytime he went to the bench it was a coaching session with Clarke on the whiteboard. He also seemed to jack up contested 3s early in the clock which I dont think would be in the plan.

I also forgot to mention Creek in the summary before. He had a quiet game, I think from memory only getting one bucket and shooting an airball from 15 feet. Got 3 travels early on, I think in almost consecutive possessions, and couldnt get into the flow.

Agreed Isaac RE crowd etc. I also think the Dome is difficult for getting people standing because of the angle from seats to the court. Challenge was cool because even though people were standing in from of me, I could still see the action. (I didnt stand in protest, being a Sixers fan).

Reply #306345 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:29 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754