Anonymous
Years ago

Elite Sydney Highschools

What are some Sydney Highschools that consistently produce talent? E.G. CAS, GPS, ISA Schools

Topic #39558 | Report this topic

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Sydney high schools don't "produce" talent. Local associations do and the schools borrow or steal them

Reply #590108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I beg to differ. Some schools do more than certain associations to foster and develop a player's potential just due to them being involved with the athlete on an a year basis along with better coaching at schools than some associations have.

Reply #590110 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

So "some" schools have the ability to polish a player more than "some" associations, but they still don't "produce" them. Or can you tell me the high schools that are out there running learn to play programs in the local primary schools?

Reply #590111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A majority of an athletes improvement is done from the 7th-12th grade. I agree that associations identify and foster development but they don't provide key aspects of development such as weight training. Schools that are K-12 also have programs that run from prep into high school.

Reply #590115 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

I can only speak from my own experience of the number of schools getting around our association and others that I'm aware of and looking to offer incentives to athletes at top age U14/U16 level to come to their school.
If you're talking about elite players then these are overwhelmingly produced through associations. I stand by my first post

Reply #590118 | Report this post

Reply to this topic

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Hydra 42

Rules:You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets

Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Close ads
Beam Orders - a quick, simple order and payments site for your business.
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms
Punch - insightful time tracking

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

Invoicing clients? Stay productive with Punch, the insightful time tracker that earns you more.

Special offer: $30/month Pay $100 for lifetime access. Sign up now!

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 am, Tue 1 Dec 2020 | Posts: 850,566 | Last 7 days: 836