Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers v United Jan 11

Phew..... so after the Kings/Taipans, NBL fans will have just enough time to have a comfort stop before they get a chance to see Brendan Teys rip Melo Trimble to shreds.

Adelaide's season is far from over, but each game from here on in should be seen as a must win if they have dreams of cutting down the nets in Perth in the last game of the season. Melbourne's season is brighter than the Sixers, but they can't rely on golden whistles in Melbourne, they need to rely on the wrist action of CG43, and he has the best wrist action in the NBL. He is the one who can turn a game for United with freakish shots from outside the arc when the question is asked of him.

Has Adelaide had the pleasure of hosting United this season? I don't think so. Adelaide has been shellacked in the City Of Soy this season getting smacked by an average of 20 ppg (110 to 90) in two games with United all over the Sixers like the British press over MEGXIT.

My score predictor is saying United by 97 to 96. Adelaide average 100 at home, but United are no pushovers on the road and so it's hard to see that 20 points getting much skinnier, especially if Joey's rotations are as off as milk left out of the fridge.

United by 1. Come Sixers fans, we can push the team for a couple more points can't we?

Topic #46700 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Ramone Moore out with a shoulder injury replaced in the team by DP Alex Mudronja and Moore will have tests done on his shoulder next week.

Melbourne have beaten us by around 20 both times they've played us this season they're out worst match up in the comp and with Stanton Kidd now settled and playing well I don't think they will have much trouble with us again.

United by 13

Reply #785781 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Is it too late to get a replacement for Moore?
Can't remember how many games a player needs to play to qualify for finals.

Reply #785788 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"Can't remember how many games a player needs to play to qualify for finals."

7 games. It's actually a quarter of regular season games, which currently is 7.

Reply #785791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not much going the way of Adelaide lately, can't see that changing. United by 23.

Reply #785794 | Report this post

Moore is cooked anyways.
Melbourne by 9.

Reply #785798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers lose
Randle to get his numbers!

Reply #785801 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Moore out is a big loss. He has had a trash season, but seems to lift others. Maybe his bench presence might be enough.

Every team has a Bogie team and United seems to be ours.

Reply #785803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers haven't shown any reason to believe they will win a game such as this. Disjointed from top to bottom. Randle should get his stats, and that says it all.

United by 10-15

Reply #785804 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Have we even won a game against United since the 2018 GF series? If we did last season I reckon it could've only been one game they seem to pump us everytime they've played us since that GF.

Reply #785805 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Why not tonight...

Reply #785808 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Everywhere it says 7.30 start but the paper says 7, they have a little ad under that for KAYO so i'm thinking that is coverage time. Anyone know to the contrary?

Reply #785811 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Syd-Cairns is 5.30, so this game would be 7.30.

Reply #785813 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Actually, 8pm AEDT.

Reply #785814 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Rd 2 Oct 18: Melb won 75-72
Rd 11 Dec 18: Adel won 103-101
Rd 15 Jan 19: Melb won 114-91
Rd 17 Feb 19 Melb won 89-87

Pre-season: Melb won 100-91

Rd 6 Nov 19: Melb won 109-90
Rd 10 Dec 19: Melb won 112-90

However further digging into the 2017-18 Season:

Rd 1 Oct 17: Melb won 99-97
Rd 2 Oct 17: Melb won 99-79
Rd 5 Nov 17: Melb won 101-82
Rd 11 Dec 17: Melb won 99-91

GF Game 1: Melb won 107-96
GF Game 2: Adel won 110-95
GF Game 3: Melb won 101-98
GF Game 4: Adel won 90-84
GF Game 5: Melb won 100-82

So if you include the pre-season game we've lost 13 of our last 16 games against United I don't have the stomach to go back further but they've always had the wood over us especially since changing from the Tigers to United.

Reply #785815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Why not tonight?'

Because the 36ers suck.

Reply #785817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coming Sixers beat the United so LV can cry even more

Reply #785828 | Report this post

Adelaide do suck but as long as Randle gets his numbers and they keep margin of loss to under 10 it's a good night for them.

Reply #785829 | Report this post

Europa 42  
Years ago

United comfortably - Juggle drums to start beating loudly for Joey Wright's departure

Reply #785830 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

36ers are a quality team, Perth can't seem to beat them lately

But it seems like United's firepower is usually too much for them in a shootout

United struggled vs Hawks. Final result was good but very unconvincing game. Too much Iso, not enough flow. Hopefully playing a weaker defensive team gives them a chance to start tgelling.

Reply #785835 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Sixers to lose as I am going to be at the game. Sixers have so far lost all home games I've been to and win when I am not there.

Reply #785850 | Report this post

Joey still got a couple years left on contract?

Reply #785856 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yes, under contract until 2022.

Reply #785870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey may get an offer as an NBA assistant? 36's would be ok with that?

Reply #785895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My prediction is if MU win it will because of the $$ spent on the roster and the referees favouring them. If 36's win it will be grit and determination with a back against the wall victory.

Reply #785898 | Report this post

#Free Rice Jr  
Years ago

I think regardless of who we want to win tonight we need to see the big picture and all come together as a nation and hope that Dwayne is not in commentary ...

Reply #785907 | Report this post

Tdub  
Years ago

SBS just a black screen for everyone?

Reply #785909 | Report this post

Jbone  
Years ago

It is for me tdub

Reply #785910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah SBS on Demand isn't working for me either :(

Reply #785911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep same here

Reply #785912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to Ramone?

Reply #785913 | Report this post

Jbone  
Years ago

Twitcb is working though

Reply #785915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it time to admit this Melbourne team will never gel, and is actually not very good?

Reply #785917 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

On what planet would Joey get an NBA sssistants job? Is that to coach or in the laundry department?

Reply #785919 | Report this post

#Free Rice Jr  
Years ago

Is it time to admit this 36's team will never gel, and is actually not very good?

Reply #785920 | Report this post

Trumble  
Years ago

Trimble is coooooked

Reply #785921 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

"Is it time to admit this 36's team will never gel, and is actually not very good?"

Who are the 36's?

Reply #785924 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

The NBL! Toss a coin to who wins games. I guess it's interesting for fans of the game but as a supporter it’s frustrating. United should be beating up on Adelaide but they’re getting schooled at the monomer. Embarrassing for United

Reply #785926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Jack McVeigh really just flex his muscles in the post.......

Reply #785927 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

9000 at the game, new record crowd for third time this season

Reply #785928 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

United drive to the hoop but don't take easy 2 & kick it out to a clown that can’t shoots 3’s. Crap play over & over

Reply #785930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trimble is sheeeett

Reply #785931 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Barlow 1 from 7 from 3. Take away his licence to shoot. Pathetic

Reply #785932 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

United coaching & defense is rubbish. Randle no defense continues to score. Close the guy down. United suck balls

Reply #785933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a 36ers fan, these refs are reallllly helping us win the game!

Has there been any investigations into the NBL umpires betting on games this year?

Reply #785934 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Adelaide is all about Randle. Everyone knows it yet opposition coaches & players can't work it out.
Amateur hour in the NBL

Reply #785938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is literally no way to gauge the 36ers. They are as hot and cold as my ex! No way I thought they'd win tonight, yest I could’ve sworn till blue in the face they’d beat the hawks and the breakers at home.

The shock losses will end up costing them in such a close comp, but credit on a win over United.

Reply #785939 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Big game from Melo.

Reply #785940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously Perth's luxurious home stretch is getting in Melbourne's head too, not just LV's.

Reply #785941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, stunned by how much Randle tore Trimble a new one tonight.

Reply #785944 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

George is one devastated person

I think the top 4 is set as is, Cairns and Melbourne won't be dropped from playoffs spots.

There is so much giant killing in the NBL it’s absurd. If you’re a betting person, my lord does the NBL provide good value and opportunities to make some serious $$$.

Interesting hearing Gaze day 36ers are resourced and vying with NBL clubs for an NBA Aussie free agent!

Reply #785945 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Re Melo, when you've got the shooting yips, as he does at the moment there’s a few things you need to do: 1) as best possible dgaf; 2) focus on other parts of your game: good defence, good ball movement, energy; 3) Try to get some cheapie baskets Gaze style as best you can

Confidence is everything!

Reply #785946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne have got NZ and Sydney away next. There is no certainty they will be in the top 4 in two weeks time.

Reply #785947 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Having barely watched NBL this season, I thought Melbourne looked pretty average. Wouldn't have guessed they were previously trouble for the 36ers. Adelaide were scrappy at times, but Drmic/Griffin/Randle kept their energy levels up to see it through.

If they can manage Cairns a couple of times, Adelaide have a reasonable run home. All teams they need to be able to beat if they fancy being a play-off team.

Reply #785948 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United has been a rabble lately

A talented rabble, but a rabble nonetheless

That was United's worst game of the year. Deserved to lose by 34, not 14. CG's brilliant shooting kept the score competitive for longer than it should've been

Barlow had a shocker. Never seen him get so many open looks and miss so many

What the hell is going on with Trimble? Can't hit wide open three, can't hit a layup

It was amazing the halftime lead was 5. 13 turnovers in a half and most of them were clumsy and ugly, not the type of aggressive turnovers that are a little more acceptable

Reply #785950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trimble should be feeding Goulding more, if you are having trouble hitting shots pass it to someone more reliable... Please

Reply #785951 | Report this post

So teys rly did rip Trimble to shreds

Reply #785952 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Don't wanna flog a dead horse here but damn, NBL is frustrating to watch sometimes this season

How many pointless rebounding fouls. How many fouls for inadvertently potentially scratching someone with a fingernail. How many fouls that just weren't there.

Reply #785953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha LV cop that! Wanna talk about Perth's easy fun and your beloved MU keep choking games. Enjoy the off-season, MU aren’t making playoffs.

Let me guess though, you will find something else to blame

Reply #785955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow is either carrying injuries or age has caught up, he's moving like an old man. Goulding is a great player and the last few seasons a better defender, but with most of the Melbourne squad now poor defensively he’s gone back to his old ways. Long is having a go at least though he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed. Melbourne will probably still make finals on talent alone but need a refresh at seasons end.

Reply #785956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV, wanna talk about a luxurious run. How about MU getting a free hit the last 3 games and being under whelming in all 3

Reply #785958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why not tonight?'

Because the 36ers suck.

They do, do they?

Reply #785959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Is it time to admit this 36's team will never gel, and is actually not very good?)

Not just yet but Melbourne wow

Reply #785961 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

where are the extra people coming from ? preferred venue now Hindmarsh ? I imagine the game would have pulled 7,000 if at Titanium ?

Reply #785962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really hope George applies for the next vacant head coaching position, his knowledge seems limitless and makes current coaches look like fools. Or at least become a consultant,coaches will flock to his doors to find out how teams work.
Armchair Idiot!!!

Reply #785964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Interesting hearing Gaze day 36ers are resourced and vying with NBL clubs for an NBA Aussie free agent!)

Who is it?

Reply #785965 | Report this post

LV please admit that Melbourne suck :)

Reply #785968 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

You can't make excuses for this incompetence

One underwhelming win from 4 games

Two overrated, defensively poor, mentally fragile youngsters in Long and Trimble. Bigger in name than game.

Long was OK and attacked the glass, but his defense on that Griffin dunk play was another example of his low IQ on the defensive end

Trimble is a confidence player and very talented but lacks toughness

Its all very disappointing

Season not over but..... Yeah. Pretty flat after an abysmal performance.

Randle was sublime and Griffin is exciting, but otherwise 36ers were hardly awesome, yet United looked 2nd rate in comparison. It felt like the wooden spoon match for much of the game. Uninspiring jungle ball.

Reply #785969 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Uninspiring jungle ball.

How's dem 36ers? Game of the season, inspired, practically a full four quarter effort put out foot on their throat from the get go and didn't take it off.

One of the best games I've ever seen Randle play the perfect balance of getting his teammates involved and attacking himself when needed. Probably Griffin's best game of the season too but I'm still not sold on the guy. Gotta feel for Ramone Moore team looked a million dollars out there without him poor bugger looks mentally shot. Next up Cairns in Cairns win that and we're in the Top 4.

Chin up LV at least MU tried they're just not up to it this season.

Reply #785970 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A couple of Academy Award performances to get fouls from CG43. Imagine going to a basketball game to watch a soccer player.

Reply #785972 | Report this post

Wagstaff may be in all flop 5 but Goulding is the MVP of flopping.
Will United hold onto top 4 spot with Adelaide right up their arse on the ladder.

Reply #785973 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[How's dem 36ers? Game of the season, inspired, practically a full four quarter effort]

Wow, it must've been a terrible season

Surely too many unforced errors by UTD to be super excited by the 36ers level of play?

36ers didn't look like a playoff team to me.

Reply #785981 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Don't wanna flog a dead horse here but damn

You didn't have a problem with that when submitting the McCarron Report during the GF.

Reply #785983 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The McCarron reporting was some of the finest work you'll ever see on hoops.com.au

My talents are wasted on some mugs around here, clearly

Tonight, check out the loose ball rebounding fouls on Kidd, Goulding, and Griffin too

I understand the rationale behind making sure shooter is never disadvantaged in the slightest. So that crackdown results in the type of call we saw on Acuil When Griffin missed the 3 free throws

But why stop guys from having a crack at a rebound? Serves no purpose whatsoever. Pointless and stupid.

Reply #785984 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

There was another too. Pledger I think

Reply #785985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Problem is, Adelaide do suck. But the confusion is, they have flash in the pan moments of great play.

The more of these wins they get, the more I almost would be demanding a please explain ok why they can't beat teams like the hawks and the breakers at home. Both at the time either undermanned or long travel legs.

Based on what I’ve seen this season, at their best they would win a playoff game, at their worst, they won’t be in the 4.

Reply #785986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV. Still a whining MFer. Just admit your team sucks and STFU

Reply #785988 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Learn to read, This ain't whinin. I rarely watch a full game on normal speed so when I do, is worth pointing out the shit that could be improved for the betterment of the game of basketball

United sucked more balls than yo mama tonight, that's for sure. Which is to say, lots.

Reply #785991 | Report this post

MD  
Years ago

Shut up LV and sit down. United are cooked. Melo is a traffic cone. Ware is laughing his ass off nice and comfy on a better team and better franchise.

Barlow is calling it time hopefully. Stanton is a no show. Long is a flashy player but not a game changer. Goulding kept you in the game with his flopping. Would have been a 20+ point smacking if not for his marvellous NBA level flopping!

Adelaide are better than your overpaid United and at their best can beat anyone comfortably. If they hold onto this momentum they are a top 4 lock.

What is beautiful is a team worth $4 million or more is struggling to make the top 4 and getting beaten convincingly by teams worth half.

Larry "conflict of interests" Kestlewank having teams hand his fabricated and soulless club loss after loss is beautiful! One can only hope the fans turn to SE Melbourne Phoenix and away from the United!

Should we start the soccer jokes again? Who cares! United suck and that is good for the league.

Reply #785992 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[United are cooked. ]

They were terrible tonight, so bad that any playoff team should've beaten them by 20.

Adelaide didn't.

[Adelaide are better than your overpaid United]

Umm, nah. United smashed Adelaide twice this season.

Trimble and Barlow combined for 1-12 from 3, and most of them were wide open.

That won't happen again this season. Consider yourself lucky that this Rare event occurred against your team!

Enjoy tonight while it lasts! Randle's performance was one to remember.

Reply #785995 | Report this post

MD  
Years ago

LV bro. You're a sore loser. Your team is trash. Go home little boy.

Reply #785998 | Report this post

MD  
Years ago

Love seeing such a butthurt loser. LV man, your team ain't making the top 4. Overpaid and overdone.

Reply #785999 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Sorry MD but your a butthurt winner.
You're going on like Adelaide has Sydney’s record and United have Illawarra’s.

Reply #786001 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

LV you're peddling "36ers didn’t play well, United just played badly". I certainly didn’t get the vibe that the 36ers played badly even if United were careless/missed shots they should have gotten.

Adelaide played well from start to finish really, DJ and Randle did the right things at the right times and Griffin is making me wonder whether there’s a way to keep him next year and solve his defensive liability somehow on the basis of his offensive game - is there any big man in the league who drives and finishes at the basket as easily as he does?

As I’ve said before: in the NBL if you miss shots, if you don’t bring the energy, if you don’t take care of the ball you will get punished and lose even if it’s 1st v 9th.

Even top Sydney and ever consistent Perth have been burned repeatedly this season by it.

This idea of “36ers should have won by over 20 so they sucked” is total crap.

Reply #786004 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Didn't watch the game. But all the reports from Sixers fans at the game I saw were spot on with LVs. MU gifted the game to the Sixers who were just ok.

We shot 26% from 3 and 71% from the free throw line. We also had fewer assists than MU despite scoring 7 more times. That does not sound like a highly convincing or competent win to me.

Reply #786010 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Where are all the so called Sixers fans or haters who flock on here when they lose .
Yes MU with talent should play better but give full credit to Sixers who played a strong controlled game with every player doing their bit at times with stand out DJ ,Griffen, Drimic and more team focussed Randle .
After watching last 2 games looks like Joey spent time getting more intensity on defence,
Great game great atmosphere and the stadium move has worked and be interesting to see crowds when school holidays over.

Reply #786011 | Report this post

MD  
Years ago

MU are shite. Won't make the playoffs. What a soulless basketball club. Will be beautiful to see them out of tbe playoff ms this year.

Reply #786019 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[LV you're peddling "36ers didn't play well, United just played badl]

[This idea of "36ers should have won by over 20 so they sucked" is total crap.]

Never said they sucked, just said they don't look like a playoff team. And that for parts of the game, it was jungle ball you'd expect to see from last vs 2nd last

Although to be fair, the only teams who consistently look like playoff teams are Per,Syd and Cairns.

It's awesome Adelaide got 9,000 to a game. I get the excitement.

But when team A throws away 13 turnovers in a half, many of which were unbecoming of a professional basketball team, and team B only leads by 5 at the half, is reasonable to think Team B could be doing better.

Team A is a rabble and horrendously out of form.

player X from team A is one of the most accurate and reliable knock down 3 point shooters in the history of the competition, but shot 1 from 7 and missed wide open 3 after wide open 3.

Player Y from team A is one of the leading scorers in the comp, but shot 2 from 13 including missing several mildly contested layups, goes 0-5 from 3.

Player Z is new to Team A and the comp, highly rated player, shot 15 and 21 points last two outings. Restricted to 5 minutes, 16 seconds on court due to being on the wrong end of some 50/50 calls.

It's reasonable to think Team A had a terrible night, and team B should win by loads. It wasn't quality D by team B that forced all those turnovers. It wasn't quality D that forced players X and Y to clunk easy shots they'd usually score. It was lucky for team B that player Z barely played.

But team B won by 14. It was relatively close for much of the game.

Make of it what you will. Those are the facts.

Happy you got to enjoy a win with 9,000 others though, good on you.

Reply #786021 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Man I'm tired of people being ugly to each other

Reply #786022 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Automatically being combative when someone differs in opinion to you is ugly af

Reply #786023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Competition really brings the worst out in people.
It's a really close league this year any team can win on any given day awesome.

Reply #786025 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

LV you must be a Fox News kind of man.

Gotta love someone who finishes a spiel with "those are the facts" as if they're undeniably right and there’s no spin whatsoever.

Adelaide played a controlled game, shared the offence, led start to finish, plugged the holes down low and challenged out of form players to hit open shots. They brought in energy start to finish. When you do that, you frustrate the opposition, you cause them to overthink, you cause them to make mistakes, you cause them to act uncharacteristically, you cause them to miss gimmes.

Melbourne failed because Adelaide brought those factors to the game. Melbourne didn’t make turnovers against traffic cones.

My lord, if we blamed losses on the basis of turnovers, missed shots, lack of effort being a result of the team playing badly and not opposition being good, 36ers would be the ultimate “bad team” losing games themselves instead of opposition winning games. There is no other team in the competition which gets into a good position and so frequently let’s the opposition back into it, it’s about as regular a story line as it gets in the NBL. Most people say “well Cotton was never going to be held down the entire game” or “With Melbourne/Sydney you pick your poison someone’s bound to come to play”.

Adelaide had Randle, Johnson, Griffin playing well together, the reason Melbourne lost is because they clicked took control and didn’t let Melbourne have momentum. They knocked down their shots at important moments to stifle a run. That’s how you win.

Hawks did it against Adelaide, they always returned served when Adelaide tried to wrestle momentum. Did Adelaide play crap? Yes. Did the hawks move the ball well and hit the important shots that kept Adelaide out of it? Yes. Same thing here.

Reply #786029 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I'm not sure how well Adelaide moved the ball- 15 assists off 35 field goals is a poor number. It was mostly individual brilliance from Randle (last quarter) that sealed the win, plus some solid play from DJ early and Griffin throughout.

There's turnovers and there's turnovers. There's missed shots and there's missed shots. Many of United's turnovers were just careless or absent minded. Adelaide can't take credit for those- nor can they take credit for Barlow missing shots he's been hitting most nights for 15 years, or Trimble missing absolutely everything.

Adelaide played some good D at times, forcing United into some tough shots. But that wasn't the main theme of the night for me. It was an out of form team losing to a team who just did enough to win a game they should've.

Reply #786040 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It was an out of form team losing to a team who just did enough to win a game they should've.

There was a bit more to it than that LV. As I showed earlier in the thread MU have had the wood on for us quite a while now prior to last night winning 13 of the last 16 games against us and that includes two of those three wins being in the 2018 GF.

Trimble is in a funk he's been crap for MU's last 3-4 games now and Barlow's shot and has shown that all season. I can't imagine either of those players will be back at MU next season.

The Sixers controlled that game from the start last night getting out to an 8 point lead at quarter time and blew it out near the end of the final quarter.

I know it's always hard for you to give other teams credit when they beat MU and you make every excuse under the sun but you should try showing a bit more humility.

Reply #786044 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

There is really no benefit in reasoning with LV.

Every Utd loss is blamed on refs or scheduling, while ignoring Utd get equal share of calls.

Every opposition win is invalidated.

One week It's United are the second best team behind Kings. Next week It's lower.

We can only hope she keeps up her medication.

Reply #786047 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[Trimble is in a funk he's been crap for MU's last 3-4 games now and Barlow's shot and has shown that all season]

Barlow is shooting 44% from 3 this season, 42% career

You acknowledge my main point but then accuse me of lacking humility....umm, ok?

Randle was absolutely brilliant, I've said that several times. But, almost every team has a brilliant star of his ilk.

Just not sure that level of performance will get 36ers into playoffs. If that view means I lack humility....ok then?

Reply #786048 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Lovebroker- makes no attempt to challenge my points

Then says there's no reasoning with me

I love online forums! Good entertainment

Reply #786050 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Sure Melb missed some shots they might normally make, but the Sixers missed a few free throws including three in a row from Griffen and also missed some layups and butchered some second chances. They also missed some wide open 3's. The Sixers were much better over the game and did what was required when it was required.

Reply #786052 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

LV, Zodiac isn't wrong, you’re useless at giving credit to opposition and you do have a track record of excuse after excuse. Those heavily tinted shades need to come off one day so you can see some light!

Anyone walking around thinking they’re a walking fact book like LV is bound to talk a lot of sh!t

Reply #786063 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

What I'm doing is actually the opposite of making excuses!

I'm saying United's wounds last night appeared to be mostly self inflicted.

If you shoot 39% and miss a lot of very gettable shots, then you probably deserve to lose.

You're just all getting your panties in a tiff cos you think I'm not crediting the 36ers enough- a team who hasn't been in the top 4 lately and likely won't finish there.

Reply #786064 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

What I'm doing is actually the opposite of making excuses!

Okay

I'm saying United's wounds last night appeared to be mostly self inflicted.

Well that lasted all of one sentence.

a team who hasn't been in the top 4 lately and likely won't finish there.

We can all agree Sydney, Perth & Cairns are likely NZ are still a chance I agree but the Sixers are looking good right now.

Reply #786069 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

It's all about form.

United's best Is better than anyone's- except Sydney and perhaps Perth. Given their good percentage, 3 wins from their last 6 should get them in. Of course, if they play like last night they'll win 0 from 6! But we all know that's unlikely.

Cairns also have good percentage. My tip is top 4 remains where it's been for the last few weeks. Hoping United get 3rd so they avoid Sydney.

Reply #786075 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[
Well that lasted all of one sentence.]

You do realise blaming yourself and taking responsibility IS the opposite of making excuses and blaming external factors, yes?

Reply #786076 | Report this post

This banter between Zodiac and LV is good fun.
Zodiac ahead at the minute.

Reply #786081 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Griffin's dunk worth $2000.
( Thought he was gonna be game mvp)

Reply #786110 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

LV you're a lot of huffing and puffing. The grave was dug long, long ago!

Reply #786120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's hilarious that Adelaide fans continue to criticise Goulding for flopping when they’ve got Teys. He didn’t hit the deck once last night so not sure where the flopping calls are coming from.

Reply #786210 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Agreed- CG indeed a flopper but reading this thread, you'd think he'd done some quality acting in last night's game

He was actually dudded by the refs last night, his last 2 fouls were bogus but especially the last one right under the basket

Reply #786211 | Report this post

Probably Adelaide's best defensive game of the season, in that they actually played a bit of defense for the first time.

Reply #786258 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

haha so true

Reply #786265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV you mean the last one under the basket when he reached back with his right arm, pinned Drmic and grab a handful of his shorts so he couldn't jump? You mean that bogus one?

Reply #786270 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:20 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754