Ideas
Years ago

What could a 36ERS owner do to improve games?

That is of course if a deal is done:

I am sure the people looking to buy the team would visit this forum, so let's give them some good ideas.

Look at getting a new catering contract with HOT dogs. Maybe lower the price a little of food.

Spend some money on entertainment at games.

Get some 36ers games on FTA.

Get a better big screen at the dome, what is there now is a big improvement on last season though.

Start a Sixers Bar? Maybe with a couple of the players, along the lines of The Alma.

There's a start, let's try and be serious and productive.

Topic #4885 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

look overseas at the entire picture

study what makes it all happen, spot lights, music, gimmicks, give aways, players with personality, on court action, media coverage

you need a winning, healthy team, with willie farleys making it worth while

Reply #56252 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Very true. Have a look at West Sydney. Dismal crowd on Wednesday because their best players are injured, the rest don't have much presence, their guys have no on-court personality, and they struggle to compete.

Reply #56253 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Having been to sporting events in the States nearly every game I went (basketball, baseball and (ice) hockey have give-aways by a game night sponsor. One at the Forum was a video of Kareem, at the baseball was a stick-pin of Barry Bonds.

Reply #56269 | Report this post

Bownce  
Years ago

I think having sixer girls give out flyers in the city would be a good idea. I now live in melb but adelaide is always home and during rugby season you see the melb storm girls giving out flyers in the city. It gets ppl's attention and at least in the back of their mind they will know a home game is comming up. Might entice them to go.

Reply #56282 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Sixers girls giving out flyers in Rundle Mall is a good idea. Having the players nearby mixing with fans too would be even better. They could set up a portable ring and let the kids line up for a shot with players giving tips.

Only has to happen once or twice a season, preferably in the school holidays and only for an hour or so at lunch time.

Reply #56294 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

i like the idea of the couch they got where they grab a random couple who are there to purchase tickets and give them couch instead

how bout things like getting say a car sponsor to put up a new car, but dont make it easy to win eg. random crowd member per home game 1 3/4 court shot if they nail it boom car if not bring em to 3pt line and get the good guys to give away a spots radio or something if they can nail the 3pt if they miss that bring em to free throw line and if they nail that give em free double pass to next game or something,

another thing ive seen done well is ing cup matches in cricket every one who comes along gets a ticket and between innings they pick the random ticked and the winner gets a signed framed shirt by the redbacks

Cheers

Reply #56299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Occasionally, there'd be a Farmers Union or Balfours van or something similar parked outside the main doors giving stuff away, like a new flavour of milk or cakes or whatever. Have that *before* the game.

Reply #56312 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:10 am, Tue 14 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754