Dunkman
Two years ago

Perth v SEM

I'm going for an upset here, I think Perth will be fresh and ready to go. Cotton, Manek to fire up and hopefully Blanchfield, Travers, Norton get going.
SEM to be at their inconsistent best.
Perth by two in a close one.

Topic #50611 | Report this topic

Drexler  
Two years ago

Perth by a handful, Manek to continue where he left off, Blanchfield to finally break the drought, Jesse 4 triples. Bryce-God overseeing things down the stretch of course.

Broekoff to not be left alone with a mile of space multiple times or the above is all bollocks

Reply #904462 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

SEM is way more talented and has a better roster after you included Cotton who still remains to be the best player in the league.
Phoenix by 6

Reply #904464 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

If someone else could kindly chip in to help Bryce & Jesse, like Manek did last game, that'd be much appreciated.
Perth slight favourites due to being at home is fair enough but I still don't trust us.

Reply #904465 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

I Guess it comes down to was Maneks game in Adelaide just a flash in the pan or can he do it on a more regular basis? If we see the same Manek from the Adelaide game then Perth have enough to get the win.

Reply #904476 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Two years ago

Webster really needs to find his shot

Reply #904499 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Majok with a great clean block ref on the 3pt line behind him calls the foul... in what world could he tell from that position?? Some shit calls both ways so far

Reply #904500 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Majok with a great clean block ref on the 3pt line behind him calls the foul... in what world could he tell from that position?? Some shit calls both ways so far

Reply #904501 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Creek dribbles into a stationary norton foul... ffs nbl

Reply #904503 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Can Thomas miss anymore lay ups.

Reply #904504 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Webster can!! Surely based on the other end that's a foul though. Rellie sure as hell let the ref's know his thoughts!!

Reply #904505 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

Webster having an absolute mare.

Reply #904506 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Love to know how Manek pushed on that last foul... like what the hell

Reply #904508 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Not over till the fat lady sings though cats should go on with it from here.

Reply #904509 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Perth finally found their mojo? Last two games have been really good defensively

Reply #904510 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

We're really getting the C team for commentary tonight.

Reply #904511 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

SEM are horrible, why do they keep wasting their time with Mitchell as coach?

Reply #904513 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

New rule only sem players get free throws... ffs seriously

Reply #904515 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

This league is fucked. What the actual fuck was that call

Reply #904516 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

So cotton gets undercut on a fast break, but not unsportsmanlike.... ok nbl... how many free throws has sem shot???

Reply #904518 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Not certain Mitchell can do anything about missing free throws. Game not over but SEM so overrated.

Reply #904519 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Thomas with the definition of an absolute mare....

Reply #904520 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I didn't mean just this game.

Reply #904521 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Manek is automatic

Reply #904523 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

So melbourne owns the league right? I mean wow!! What a disgrace forbthe nbl

Reply #904524 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

What on earth are you talking about?

Reply #904525 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

So how is creeks foul not a usf? No play at the ball

Reply #904526 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

The more I watch the more it's Sydney then daylight. Perth better but to inconsistent, Norton, Blanchfield just not playing well.
SEM, who knows what goes on there, they can’t even make free throws, it’s like it’s all done for Creek, you can’t win playing through one player.

Reply #904527 | Report this post

Jack Knife  
Two years ago

Good win by Perth. Great to see Manek back up the Adelaide game with another good performance.

Game night was a bit of back to the future with management going back to a lot of the old things that fans have been complaining about missing. Biggest improvement was the court announcer. So nice not to be shouted at the entire game. Hope that is a permanent change.

Reply #904530 | Report this post

SF99  
Two years ago

spot on Jack Knife.

It sounds stupid but going back to the traditional 3/4 time tune and the cheerleaders getting into the opposition bench at the final timeout was noticed a return to what's been done before and there was clear appreciation of both. if it aint broke.

Cotton effortless.
Manek showing conviction and intent.

is Mitchell worst coach in league given his cattle?

Reply #904531 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

The more I watch the more it's Sydney then daylight. Perth better but to inconsistent, Norton, Blanchfield just not playing well.

It's pretty sad as I can't remember the last time there wasn't at least two contenders, probably never.

What ever happened to the great parity of that season the year (or two) before COVID?
SEM, who knows what goes on there, they can't even make free throws, it’s like it’s all done for Creek, you can’t win playing through one player.

I feel SEM are a placeholder team like Brisbane - just there to make up the numbers as the second Melbourne team.

Reply #904532 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

is Mitchell worst coach in league given his cattle?

By far, and to think he was given a contract extension at the end of last season. It's baffling stuff which leads me to believe what I wrote about SEM in the post above this one.

Reply #904533 | Report this post

SF99  
Two years ago

tell you what does annoy me about Mitchell is that untucked shirt. Uncouth.

Reply #904534 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

The cheerleaders opposition bench routine never got thrown on the scrap heap, it's just that it is only performed when we're actually winning late in the game so it has been seen about as often as Halley's Comet.

Cats were far from great tonight. Luckily SEM were trash. They missed even more free throws than Tashawn missed layups.
I'll happily take the W though. Will gratefully accept any W I can get this season.

Reply #904535 | Report this post

SF99  
Two years ago

@ Luuc can't recall seeing at the last PHX game, for example. Maybe I'd had too many overpriced beer cups.

Reply #904536 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

Mitchell looks like he's 6-10 pints deep at all times somebody sling him some clear-eyes

Reply #904537 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Not to pile on but he always looks like a deer in headlights even during this staged photoshoot:

https://nbl.com.au/news/south-east-melbourne-sign-head-coach

Reply #904538 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"It's pretty sad as I can't remember the last time there wasn't at least two contenders, probably never."

This gave me a good laugh. After R7 last season Sydney were 8th and Tasmania 9th. It's far too early to be determining how many contenders there are.

Reply #904540 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

" It's pretty sad as I can't remember the last time there wasn't at least two contenders, probably never."

I think by the end of the season Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne will have their teams firing/balanced properly and SEM will be firing. NZ will continue to be an ultra competitive side and the gap between four teams and Sydney will reduce as we race towards finals.

I don't think Tasmania will drop off and getting Magnay will help but I don’t think they have the ceiling others do for when it really really counts.

If it ends up being Sydney vs Cairns or Tassie, then yes I’d be scared of the daylight between their ceilings.

Reply #904541 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

Dear Santa, 1 x Large Manek jersey please I've been a good boy

Reply #904546 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Two years ago

The couple of times I've seen Manek do a move in the post, I've been reasonably impressed, id like to see him get a few more chances down there.

I want to see Blanchfield drive more as well, i like that hanging floater he does.

Reply #904548 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Manek does have a fairly nice drop step in the low block. The cats however see him as the floor spacer for cotton so most of his shots are coming of hand offs or pick and pops from the three point line.

Reply #904576 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:01 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754