Dunkman
Last year

JJs v United 5.30 today aest

United last chance, can't afford any slip ups. This could be a really good game with two evenly matched teams. Roth v Vickerman on the coaching side will be a good test. Both excellent. I’m thinking Goulding probably going to be the difference though Kenyon back could quieten him down. The five man duels should favour United slightly as well with Lee being the stronger of the back ups.

United by 3 in hopefully a great contest.

Topic #50755 | Report this topic

KET  
Last year

AEDT

Don't go confusing the Queenslanders

Reply #908417 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Ok, thought it was Australian eastern summer time, my f..k up thanks.

Reply #908418 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last year

Must win for United if lose they're probably done

Reply #908419 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

United have enough weapons that they could lose today and still win through to the GF if they get their act together

Reply #908422 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

A must win again or maybe it's not for United. Do they deserve to play finals? Probably not. Go the JJ’s.
Let’s hope for close game with no ref interference

Reply #908437 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Game of the round and we get Hooley and Lowery as commentary, shakes head.

Reply #908441 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Looking like Barlow and Humphries out half way through 1st.

Reply #908444 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Peatling on two fouls, United win from here it'll be some performance. JJs x 4@ 1/4

Reply #908445 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Refs miss Magnay knocking the ball off while hitting the net

Reply #908446 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Good game, 44-44 at halftime.

Reply #908448 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

While the players are playing this game, the coaches are really pulling the strings, it's like chess, you make that move I’ll counter it with this move. I’m enjoying it.

Reply #908449 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

How many clubs are going to be cuing up for Marcus Lee next season. Fantastic player at both ends.

How the Sixers could use him this season. Few others as well.

Reply #908450 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Doyle is a killer. So fun to watch.

Reply #908452 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Very enjoyable game, Lee absolutely superb. Gutsy performance by United considering the very early injuries to Humphries and Barlow.
JJs just not quite enough quality when some of there players are down,McVeigh, Kelly and Magette.
Refs were very reasonable as well and even the commentary was reasonable.

Reply #908453 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

What were the injuries to Humphries and Barlow?

Reply #908457 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Hammy
Concussion

Reply #908469 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Damn

Reply #908537 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

I was lucky to attend this match, great game by both teams. It's a real shame not more tourist who go for the away teams can’t get any extra tickets.

Tassie is a beautiful state and they 100% deserve a bigger stadium for their fans and other nbl fans who want to attend a JJ’s game.

Reply #908543 | Report this post

JMS  
Last year

Good to see United finally get the job done vs Tassie. Doyle was hard to stop, Goulding hit some big threes and Lee was solid all game. He really plays to his skill sets, runs the floor, solid screener, tough defence and provides an arial presence with the lob. Definite target to resign for next season, seems a good fit for United. I thought Humphries had strained his knee, while Barlow copped an elbow.

Reply #908547 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

Humphries was on the exercise bike a bit. He always has ice on his knees since they're not great.

Hopefully it isn’t too serious because Isaac has been healthy nearly all season. Barlow looked okay but have to treat concussion serious since Barlow had a knock not long ago plus his age.

Reply #908554 | Report this post

Scout  
Last year

Great game to be at.

Kudos to Vickerman and Melbourne United - well coached, United play hard similar to the JJs. Shea Ili is a huge in for Melbourne, controls the game very well and plays smart. United played great D caused numerous turnovers after JJs had played great D themselves.

JJs needed some shots to drop that didn't and United made them pay for it. Needed more output from Stiendl, Kelly etc

All spots from 4-8 now open.

United a threat to every team they play.

Reply #908556 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Spots 2 and 3 are still open too. NZ with a very tough run. If they stay top two it will be an amazing effort.

Reply #908558 | Report this post

Gold Vibes Only  
Last year

You and I have very different ideas of a tough run. The Breakers have 9 games remaining, 4 of which are against Illawarra and Brisbane.

Reply #908732 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Playing nine games in 24 days is a tough run, no matter who you're playing against.

Reply #908760 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Interesting stat.

Wildcats have 8 games left to play in 26 days plus the hardest SoS (Strength of Schedule) remaining of any team although I guess that didn't fit into your argument in the Breakers v Perth thread.

Reply #908762 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Only in your mind. Perth have a tough schedule, but they are capable of beating the teams they are playing. Same with NZ.

Reply #908771 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Only in your mind
You do realise strength of schedule is an objective statistical measure, right?

Reply #908772 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Wasn't talking about the schedule there, rather the interpretation of my comment.

Reply #908775 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:31 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754