Zodiac
Last year

Melb United signs Rob Loe

A few things are interesting with this, obviously United are desperate with JLA possibly out for the first half of the season throwing their season in disarray but what does this say about the Breakers that Loe is willing to retire rather than continue playing for them only to come out of retirement and move to another country? Not a good look for Daniel Johnson either.

Topic #51257 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Last year

https://nbl.com.au/news/united-lures-mvp-big-out-of-nbl-retirement

Reply #920849 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Zodiac, do you have any evidence that there is more in that though, or just a gut feeling?

I dare say Loe just thought at the time that he'd had enough, but then got a new opportunity and changed his mind.

Not sure what's going on with DJ. Maybe he has priced himself out? I guess when you reach a stage of your career, playing for peanuts in the NBL isn't worth it anymore. He might earn more for less elsewhere, not sure.

Reply #920850 | Report this post

Gazee  
Last year

This guys had more comebacks than Johnny Farnham

Reply #920851 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

I think his 'retirement' from the breakers was because he wasn't going to be getting minutes. Not because he didn't want to play any more.

He fell out of favour with mody last season. Understandable cos he's not really modys type of big

Reply #920853 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

Not quite at the st elmos fire level anymore but he should provide MU some solid minutes more like his comeback as eddie nero than the west wing

Reply #920854 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

Once you're a roleplayer especially, it might be easy for things like minutes, role, where your partner works, family-in-target-city, etc to be factors.

Reply #920856 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

His offer from the Breakers was low $$ for a whole season. Then he gets a good offer from Melbourne for 10 or so games, including putting his family up. As Rob said, easy choice.

Reply #920857 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

^^^^^ exactly, good money v poor money, easy decision.

Reply #920873 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Last year

Was kinda surprised he retired in the first instance. Appears to still have a bit left in the tank. Good to see him go around again.

Reply #920875 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Good fit for both sides. I like it.

Reply #920890 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Last year

Rob Loe will be a much better fit in a Dean Vickerman offense than a Mody Maor one. I don't think he would’ve returned for any other coach (and the Ili-Loe pick and pop will be throwing it back to the mid 2010 Breakers)

Reply #920909 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:40 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754