Kent Brockman
Years ago

NH- RIP Colin McRae

News this morning that the rally legend was killed in a chopper crash along with his 5 year old son. Very sad, McRae would be thought to be responsible for the success of Subaru as a car brand world wide and one that made the WRX fly

Topic #12766 | Report this topic

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Yes - sad news (for all 4 occupants)... Sadly it seems that life is more sometimes more dangerous outside of a car for these guys...

Kind of creepy considering that Richard Burns (the guy that replaced McRae at Subaru in 1999 - and was WRC Champ in 2001) died in 2005 from a brain tumor...

Reply #148727 | Report this post

everyonesanexpert  
Years ago

Even more creepy that I was at the Royal Show last year when Peter Brock was killed. Was on my way to the show on the weekend and said to my wife that I hoped another famous racing car driver wouldn't be killed this year. I nearly fainted when I heard the news when I got home. Next year I'm not going to the show !

Reply #148761 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Isn't it weird how in motor sport you can link a lot of deaths to one team or situation.

Burns , McRae and Possum Bourne all drove WRX's for Prodrive at one point.

A big loss.

Reply #148773 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:08 pm, Tue 14 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754