Journo12
Years ago

Dunk Comp

Well if that wasnt the most repetitive dunk comp in the history of dunk comps.

How were some of those dunks worth 9s and 10s?

Liam Rush got screwed!

Topic #1705 | Report this topic

cheezeburger  
Years ago

who won.what dunk were shown.any original dunks?

Reply #19317 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeh, descriptions of dunks would be much appreciated.

Reply #19318 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

who were the judges?

Reply #19322 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Judges were Butch Hays, James Crawford and Chuck Harmisson

Dunks were ok nothing new really...some off the back board windmills and reversal etc...Brown copied Carters reverse 360 nicely.

same old dunk comp stuff.... thought Rish was finishing better but Brown seemed to be putting more power into his plus he is only 6'2.

Reply #19335 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I thought the dunk comp was a bit ho hum...whilst the dunks were good, and in a game they would have been pretty sweet, that was just it, they were plain game dunks.

The only we managed to see was a warm up round where Brown had a kid in a chair in the paint feed him the ball as he was driving straight down the middle, launched over the kid for a 2 handed power flush.

Nearly knocked the kid on his arse with the 5 afterwards.

I had been critical of Brown when he first came in the league, but I now say he is vital for this league, and we need a few more like, absolute showman, and knows how to give the crowd a good time.

Reply #19337 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

we've been spoilt by the nba the dunk comp struggled, liam rush should have won.

Reply #19409 | Report this post

Dan the Madam  
Years ago

liam rush did get a harsh deal, but i think it was for the good of the league...the townsville crowd clearly lapping up every minute of it. also i would not be surprised if that kid has a sore shoulder today, even a legitimate injury, as brown gave some serious heat on that five.

Reply #19414 | Report this post

R.B  
Years ago

You know its funny that guys say it was alright dunks when they can't do them why try to b spectacular when all I had to do was put some nic dunks down to win. How many dunk comps have you ben in if any?????? If I would hav bn down in the contst I would have put it between my legs a dunked it but I was up in the competition why risk being stupid when 1000 bucks are on the line.
R.B

Reply #19908 | Report this post

R.B  
Years ago

You know its funny that guys say it was alright dunks when they can't do them why try to b spectacular when all I had to do was put some nice dunks down to win. How many dunk comps have you been in if any?????? If I would hav bn down in the contest I would have put it between my legs a dunked it but I was up in the competition why risk being stupid when 1000 bucks are on the line.
R.B

Reply #19909 | Report this post

R.B  
Years ago

You know its funny that guys say it was alright dunks when they can't do them why try to b spectacular when all I had to do was put some nice dunks down to win. How many dunk comps have you been in if any?????? If I would hav been down in the contest I would have put it between my legs a dunked it but I was up in the competition why risk being stupid when 1000 bucks are on the line.
R.B

Reply #19910 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 am, Wed 15 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754