CatFight #2
Years ago

Funny Pistols 815 at 'El Pasadena'

What a shootout coming up this weekend at Pasadena in what is a mini-final. The loser of this game is almost destined to finish 6th just outside the main pack.

Can all Tiger and Sabre fans spread the word so we can ensure a crowd worthy of such a monumental CatFight.

Anyone else willing to promote / chat / write about this game please do so

Bring it on

BE THERE!!!!

Topic #30 | Report this topic

j bags  
Years ago

Let me grab my brasso, and a cloth. I'll be pollishing the barrol for what should be a huge game!
The tigers will take em down.

I have a tiger in my bag!

Reply #130 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've added a Catfight promo on the forum front door. Send it to everyone you know who would come along.

Reply #159 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Absolutely love it Isaac, great work.....maybe we can see some great stuff as the ABA finals rock around :)

Reply #160 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

YES ISSAC! Nice work. I have passed on the link to many a fan around the league! Now bring on the CATFIGHT... and the basketball ;)

Reply #161 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Nice work Isaac! great ad!
Ole'!
I'll bring the Salsa, corn chips, buritos, and Tequila! and my surgical knife!

Off with those bags!

Reply #166 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For everyone who keeps hearing the names of Joe Ingles or Paul Pochintesta, or Gerlach or Clarke and wants to see them play.

Or you've heard about Adam Benson, or you've seen Gower play garbage time for the Sixers but never watched him in the ABL.

Or even if they've read about William's sore foot in the paper.

This is the game to come and see.

Last time, at MV, the Sabres led for much of the game before the Tigers made a run at them in the last quarter, coming within a whisker. This weekend, the Sabres are without Jason Williams but playing at home. It's a game that could easily go either way.

Reply #167 | Report this post

coin  
Years ago

Can anyone tell me where the stadium is please? I would love to come along and cheer on the tigers!

Reply #175 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

It's at Pasadena High School (Formerly Daws Rd High School). On the corner of Daws Rd & Goodwood Rd. See you there Col-Diggity!

Reply #176 | Report this post

Double Clutch.  
Years ago

I'll be there, and will do my Hot/Not list based on the game. Bring it on!!!

Reply #183 | Report this post

CatFight #2  
Years ago

This weeks game of the round pits 2 teams with immense hatred for one another - Sabres v Tigers - in what is being dubbed as the "CatFight". Who will bare their claws and teeth and inflict the most damage on the opposite team's finals aspirations - we will know more come Saturday night at Pasadena. In what can only be desribed as a freak occurrence the 2 teams records have mirrored each other for 12 of the 15 rounds which is where we currently find them locked at 9-6 a piece both clinging to postseason hopes. The Sabres have been around the mark for years and have had the young Tigers measure in there last few encounters albeit by slender margins including an 8 pt victory earlier in the year at "The Cage" Will the young upstarts turn the tables at "El Pasadena" ???

G - The backcourt duel hinges on the availability of Potsy - if the steady and sometimes spectacular veteran is there then his tussle with Clarkey should be worth the price of admission alone - if not he is ably backed up by young Shepherd and the ever reliable TJM. Throw the slippery Snake Gerlach into the mix and it's a tough contest to predict. I give the edge to the Tigers based on the uncertain starters for the Sabres + Snakes ridiculous all court game (he LEADS the league in blocked shots and is Top 5 in steals) being the key here his penetration and aforementioned defense are just too much. EDGE = TIGERS

F - The forwards matchup is also a tight one with housemates B.Hodges & Pochintesta taking on Wilkey and Gower - all 4 can put points on the board and with J-Will out of action we could see Pokey get a bit looser than the last time these 2 sides met. Hodges has been red hot the last couple of games but will find it tough to score against the Sabres solid interior D - I'm predicting plenty of trash talking and double fouls and a wash. EDGE = NONE

C - In the Pivot the Sabres have a clear edge - Oscars sweet stroke, great help D and improving post game could be too much for the Tigers to handle, fortunately D.Bowley brings his hard hat and lunch pail every week and should chip in with his usual 10 & 10, unfortunately O-Man will still probably go for 20 & 15 and just how much damage he causes could go a long way to predicting the outcome of the game. Who is David Bowley? - this week we will find out. EDGE - SABRES

B - Here it gets interesting the Tigers bring Hoban, T-Hodges and local Pasadena Phenom Joe Ingles against Funky, Benson and Hakendorf. This is where the losses of Jason and maybe Paul could stretch the blue boys. The Sherriff was monstrous against the 2headed Pero/Rees monster snaring 10 1st qtr boards and Sturt just don't have anything close to Joe "Franchise" to inject that special something. Finklemeyer is always a rock and provides added rebounding and toughness but I think the edge rests with the boys in black. EDGE - TIGERS

I - Home court advantage is the obvious factor in the intangables department and could really provide the difference in what will be a classic contest. Both coaching departments have battled injuries and lineup changes well and in the heat of battle it's probably hard to go past Ninnis's big game experience. EDGE - SABRES

So there you have it a little taste of what to expect on Sat night - but don't take my word for it get your ass and drag it down to El Pasadena and let the gunslinging begin. My predition is a fierce battle like a spicy hot salsa ending up with the unstoppable Tigers sending the Sabres back to the ice age 96-92. Bring on the Tequila!!

Reply #191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what a joke.... tigers will win the way they have been performing!

Reply #192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Intangables? There is no home court advantage for the Sabres, they dont train there and the home 'crowd' is non-existant. Tiger fans will create more noise in one game than the sabres crowd will all year...

Reply #205 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Unfortunately (for Sturt, and to a lesser extent for the sport at this level) this is very true.

The Pasadena home crowd is very quiet.

Reply #206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amen to that! The Tiger Cage has been rockin' a couple of times this season. Even once in a girls game, when the Tigers knocked off Norwood in OT by 2 points. The ref even got booed. Great stuff!

Reply #211 | Report this post

CatFight #2  
Years ago

Dont take it too seriously you w#*kers I play for the bloody Tigers ABL team and are just trying to spice up the action - hence the original post in this thread and the preview I posted.

Thanks Isaac for the great logo/banner for the game some talk of it being blown up and plastered all over M/Vale. GO TIGERS

Reply #227 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you want me to at least re-do the text in a larger version more appropriate for printing, let me know.

We (as a wider group) should try and get this sort of thing happening for every ABL game -- posters, themes (like the Safari Cup and the Catfight). If the clubs/BASA don't have the time to do it, someone should give it a go.

Reply #228 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Go Timmy P!

Reply #229 | Report this post

cat fan  
Years ago

I was extremely suprised at the outcome of tonight's game. Very strong form from Tiger's first quarter, didn't seem to hold them throughout the whole game, Sturt just too strong. Impressive efforts from Oscar Forman (sturt), Paul Bauer (sturt), Matt Clark (tigers), Gurlach also. Supporters were amazing. Good atmosphere.

Reply #393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kudos to the sturt team. they withheld a pretty solid barrage in the first quarter and just wore down the tigers over 48 minutes. oscar was again impressive with 21 and 20, and was wilkey who had 20, most in the 3rd quarter. clarke and gerlach battled lone hands for the tigers. great atmosphere, sounded like a tigers home game.

Reply #394 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:48 am, Wed 15 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754