Raymond
Years ago

Goorjaan must go

Guys

Painful as it is I feel I must air my grievances about the Aus vs Puerto Rico game.

How can Smith Bruton and Smith be on the court in cruch time with Maher sitting on the pine. In all the third and fourth quarter I did not see him play at all. Can anyone tell me how many minutes he actually played?

Bruton was embarassing and Smith committing that late fould cost us any chance we had. Incidentally I believe that if Maher had that same open look that Heal had to tie the game we would still be a medal chance.

Nice work Goorjaan the first time we havent made the top 8 since Munich. Surely he must pay with his job but my gut feeling says that he wont and we will have to put up with this crap for 4 more years.

What do you guys think?

Raymond a disillusioned and disgusted Boomers fan

Topic #497 | Report this topic

wak  
Years ago

5 MAHER Brett 10:51 0/4 0%

http://www.athens2004.com/en/BasketBallMen/results?rsc=BKM400B10&frag=BKM400B10_C73

Reply #4069 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Yeah I hate this man with a true passion too, for what he has done! Tell me whats worse, losing to new Zealand in a World Championships tournament when that team is/was truly on the rise, or suffering the same demise in the Athens Olympic Games?!

As far as goorjo's rediculous lack of subs in that second half, what can we say but the tool is consistant!

I just feel so sorry for Brett Maher who could've got the Olympic medal he deserves!

Adelaide 36ers Vs Sydney Kings this season is going to be huge though!!!

Reply #4071 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

I'm thinking BG will retain his position, but maybe things will be diff when Heal leaves.

People have posted that the coaching should go to Smyth and Gaze. Should have been Smyth all along, but can't see BA or Smyth doing a reversal on decisions all ready made.
As for Gaze, has no coaching record. I think he'll make a great coach with his experience but only time will tell.

And have to get this off my chest, so sick of Gaze sitting on the fence with his remarks.
Suppose he has to but is so annoying. I wish somebody in the bball fraternity would say what they see.

Reply #4073 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

i dont like goorjaans style of coaching.i dont know what he was thinking not puting maherout there. i was really disapointed after that game. i agree he really must go

Reply #4878 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

PBT this week could be interesting reading on the Goorjian issue.

You heard it here first :)

Reply #4881 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:44 pm, Tue 14 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754